Polyglot Honeywell Total Connect v2 NodeServer

dbarentine

Errors continue----

2021-04-20 00:36:46,352 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 00:36:46,360 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 02:36:46,991 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 02:36:46,992 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 04:36:47,183 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 04:36:47,184 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 06:36:47,359 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 06:36:47,360 Controller polyinterface ERRO
R totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 08:36:47,516 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 08:36:47,517 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 10:36:47,793 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 10:36:47,794 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 12:36:48,039 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 12:36:48,040 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 14:36:48,156 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 14:36:48,157 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 16:36:48,527 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 16:36:48,528 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 18:36:49,307 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 18:36:49,309 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' 2021-04-20 20:36:49,753 Controller polyinterface INFO totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Re-authenticating 2021-04-20 20:36:49,754 Controller polyinterface ERROR totalconnect-poly:authenticate: Could not re-authenticate 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate' Traceback (most recent call last): File "./totalconnect-poly.py", line 111, in authenticate self.tc.authenticate() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authenticate'

@macjeff restart the node server and that should fix the NoneType issue. I've seen that issue before but haven't had time to really look at the issue.

I looked at your logs for the other one and it came out with an error:
WARNING  TotalConnectClient:security_problem: User is a master user.
WARNING  TotalConnectClient:security_problem: User is a user administrator.
WARNING  TotalConnectClient:security_problem: User is a configuration administrator.
Total Connect user has one or more permissions that are not necessary. Remove permissions from this user or create a new user with minimal permissions.

It looks like they may have changed their API to limit which users can call it. If the error persists you will probably need to create a more limited user in TC2 and use that in the node server.

It's a little strange though because I'm pretty sure the user I use has the same permissions yours does and I don't think I'm seeing that error.

• 8 months later...

First off, thanks @dbarentine for making this available to the community. It looks very interesting. I was wondering if this will work with this thermostat model: https://www.honeywellhome.com/us/en/products/air/thermostats/programmable-thermostats/wifi-color-touchscreen-thermostat-rth9585wf1004-u/. I have heard that only some of the Honeywell thermostats are accessible via the API and this one might not be one of them. 

@waffles The Total Connect node server for sure won't work with it as it only supports security panels. The Honeywell Home one I built used to support TCC (Total Connect Comfort) thermostats when Honeywell supported them with that same API. But last I talked with them they had removed support for TCC thermostats so older ones no longer worked. That was about a year ago and I haven't checked since. I know they were going to try and add support back in but were having issues.

I can for sure say the T9/T10 thermostats work. Looking at their website it does look like that particular model is listed as Honeywell Home. But I'm not sure if that means it works with the API or if it's just a marketing thing.

If you already have the thermostat you could try going through the client setup for the Honeywell Home API and see if the thermostat shows up when authorizing it. Instructions are here: https://github.com/dbarentine/udi-honeywellhome-poly

If it shows up you would be good. If you don't have the thermostat and want to make sure you can use it with the ISY then I'd look at a T9/T10 instead if you want to use Honeywell.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, dbarentine said:

@waffles The Total Connect node server for sure won't work with it as it only supports security panels. The Honeywell Home one I built used to support TCC (Total Connect Comfort) thermostats when Honeywell supported them with that same API. But last I talked with them they had removed support for TCC thermostats so older ones no longer worked. That was about a year ago and I haven't checked since. I know they were going to try and add support back in but were having issues.

I can for sure say the T9/T10 thermostats work. Looking at their website it does look like that particular model is listed as Honeywell Home. But I'm not sure if that means it works with the API or if it's just a marketing thing.

If you already have the thermostat you could try going through the client setup for the Honeywell Home API and see if the thermostat shows up when authorizing it. Instructions are here: https://github.com/dbarentine/udi-honeywellhome-poly

If it shows up you would be good. If you don't have the thermostat and want to make sure you can use it with the ISY then I'd look at a T9/T10 instead if you want to use Honeywell.

Thank you @dbarentine; I'll check it out.

Archived