Isy994i, and insteon 2450

I am using a 2450 for opening and closing my drapes, and i am having trouble wiring this up. The drapes automatically shutoff when they reach either full open or full closed. Do I need to use the sensors too? When I look at the driver in the ISY, I see options, but I also do not see the unit classified as a switch or anything... I just see the sensors, and the unit. I am assuming I would want Momentary A, butwouldlatched work?

On the left side of the options, I do not know which should be selected either...any ideas?

I would like to be able to send a command and have the curtains open, and if I send the command again have the curtains close.

Thank you,

Ron

Hi Ron

That would depend on the drape controllers. If they shut off automatically by design at either end, I would say sensors are not needed.  Configure latching, and use on/off commands to control them. 

But that's hard to say without seeing the specs for the drape controller. Can you post a link to the manual for the drape controller?

Paul

49 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Hi Ron

That would depend on the drape controllers. If they shut off automatically by design at either end, I would say sensors are not needed.  Configure latching, and use on/off commands to control them. 

But that's hard to say without seeing the specs for the drape controller. Can you post a link to the manual for the drape controller?

Paul

Hi Paul, this is a link to the wiring setup for the drapery.

https://www.metechs.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=33&chapter=80

I am planning on making a little cat5 dongle to wire to the 2450, so I can just plug in a standard cable.

Ron

Probably not the news you're looking for, but it looks like you'll need 2 iolincs (see below).

See page 8 of the manual for the Momentary A application. Its the closest to the drape controller application you have. You don't have to use a remotelinc, this example is more about wiring.. it could be controlled by a keypad key(s) or switchlinc. 

image.png.82b45c0bdfeb5ac6a096c8b8b581baed.png

If you wanted to stop it mid way, a 3rd one will be needed.  They did no favors by making all of the connection lines blue ?
There may be a way to do it with one iolinc and a relay and electronic parts in the middle, but I'll look for someone else here to recommend that, I don't know how to spec that

image.png.be574c56be3cd55a1399da4b69bcb63f.png

Paul

I was hoping I could use it like the first example. :( I had thought the 2450 had 4 relays, as on page 3 of the owners manual says it has 4 output relay modes to control many devices.  I had this laying around as we never used it for our garage. It looks like I either need to buy another one or buy the micro relay then as it is supposed to be for curtains.

The micro relay needs to wire directly to the motors and not via the dry contact board shown in your picture. It might work in metechs' relay mode in the first picture on their web page.

I would contact metechs and share the specs for the micro module with their support and ask how it could be done

image.thumb.png.fc068305809f0e1c45176dd0fb90d7f6.png

Paul

8 minutes ago, paulbates said:

You could give it a try. Worse case it shouldn't damage anything.. see if it works correctly

Paul

Thank you very much for your assistance Paul. I will dig up some cable and test it out... I will post up my results so in the future it might help others.

Archived