Does isy 994I support Insteon 2635-292

I can't seem to install a new Insteon 2635-292 On/Off module.  Does any one know if it's supported in Version 4.7.3?  And a quick follow-on.  How much of a hassle is it to upgrade to the 5.0 beta firmware?

Thanks,

JLOB

The 2635-292 is the Retail Version of the 2635-222 sold on the Smarthome web site.

I know the 2635-222 is in 4.7.3. Have you tried the Start Linking method to add it or maybe pick the 2635-222 from the drop down list.

If you have the Event Viewer open in 3 Communications Events. You can see what is sent and received back when trying to add it. You can use the copy to Clipboard Viewer tab so you can then look at it easier.

https://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16343

Brian,

I'm beginning to think I don't know how to install devices anymore.  I tried selecting it on the list, tried the Link method, no joy.  Maybe this unit isn't supported in this Isy release?  Which means I'm out the cost of two of them.

J.

The on/off module is fully supported in 4.7.3.  No need to move up to the beta version of the ISY firmware.

In the link management menu click on "new insteon device"

Put in the address of your new module  xx.xx.xx. then click on OK. The ISY will auto discover the module and install it,  This is the easiest and fastest way to add devices to the ISY.

Archived