Polyglot V2 Ecobee Nodeserver

Jimbo.Automates

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@larryllix Or this sounds like what you want?  Seems to be on by default 

disablePreCooling Boolean no no Whether the thermostat should use pre cooling to reach the set point on time.

I believe this is what I described as turning off in my case to avoid using the air conditioner during an expensive electricity TOU period.  This is the "smart recovery" in cooling mode, where it turns on the air conditioning before you change from "away" to "home" for example, or "home" to "sleep," where the setpoint is going to be lower than what the current temperature is, so that you hit the new setpoint at the exact time it changes.

If I'm understanding correctly, larryllix's use case is that when he's in "heat" mode, he wants to disable any calls for heat far in advance of the setpoint lowering in the future.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The ecobee is supposed to have some intelligent setback, but I have no experience with it:  https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/articles/227871107-Energy-Rating-on-HomeIQ-

and in their settings they list setbacks  https://www.ecobee.com/home/developer/api/documentation/v1/objects/Settings.shtml will these help with what you need?

maxSetBack Integer no no The maximum automated set point set back offset allowed in degrees.
maxSetForward Integer no no The maximum automated set point set forward offset allowed in degrees.
quickSaveSetBack Integer no no The set point set back offset, in degrees, configured for a quick save event.
quickSaveSetForward Integer no no The set point set forward offset, in degrees, configured for a quick save event.

No but the information is awesome! It looks like a menu of items to hassle Node writers with... :) Wow!The data quantity is unbelievable. Next we will see ecobee stats requiring better routers, like 2.0 GHz dual core or better. :) 

Stats just don't do Advanced Intelligent Setback. They do AIR but not the opposite. My Honeywell did that back in the 80s.  Yet, all the information is there now  with weather and outside temps to calc with.

I incorporate the wind speed ^ 2  in my Effective outside temperature calc ISY programs, trying to predict how fast the house will cool down. If effective, I also use my HRV ventilation to cool the house down faster before bedtimes, but it costs me in more water haulage for my humidifier each day :(

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@larryllix Or this sounds like what you want?  Seems to be on by default 

disablePreCooling Boolean no no Whether the thermostat should use pre cooling to reach the set point on time.

Darn close! But I think this is a fixed thing and may interfere with A/C setback in the summer. If I draw in too much summer night air at 97% RH I have to take it out with A/C later so it doesn't rain in the house. :) Looks like some investigation needed there.

As with most stats, you are never supposed to understand the definitions of settings, but rather just plug them in and they do magic things but. :( I found ecobee's support doesn't understand the setting or terminology either. I gave up with their support a few years back and requested they don't change any more settings in my stats, after they had changed some settings without informing me. They are complicated stats with awesome capabilities. Information here is by more logical  thinking minds.

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Released 2.0.19 https://github.com/Einstein42/udi-ecobee-poly/blob/master/README.md#upgrading

Fixed bug created in 2.0.18

@alambertus Hopefully this was your issue.  I don't have MS Word installed so couldn't read your log, please just PM the actual file if you still have issues.

I installed 2.0.20, and it looks like it is working correctly. All of the sensors are reporting, and it is updating on a regular basis. Many thanks for your time and hard work!

For the Polyglot Cloud, I don't see how I can save a file - it just has the real time log. 

I installed 2.0.20, and it looks like it is working correctly. All of the sensors are reporting, and it is updating on a regular basis. Many thanks for your time and hard work!
For the Polyglot Cloud, I don't see how I can save a file - it just has the real time log. 
Awesome! To save just copy and paste into notepad or wordpad, just not ms word. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So this conversation looked fun and I wanted to jump in ?,

I love hearing how others are using this new setup. My use case is fairly simplistic. I work from home time to time. I have 4 monitors, 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 server and 2 external drive cages. My window faces the west side. So as you can imagine, even with the AC on, when Im working during the day my office can get quite a bit warmer than the rest of the house. So I have the ISY auto turn on my fan once the sensor in my office reaches a certain temp. Which is awesome. And then turns back off when it drops back down.

Talking about this out loud actually reminded me of a question. I notice on several versions back, I could set the threshold for the temp that needed to be hit to activate my fan in increments of half of a degree. But now it is is in whole numbers. Not a huge deal, but it was nice to have that finer control.

Anyhow, thanks for this, its awesome! 

So this conversation looked fun and I wanted to jump in ,

I love hearing how others are using this new setup. My use case is fairly simplistic. I work from home time to time. I have 4 monitors, 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 server and 2 external drive cages. My window faces the west side. So as you can imagine, even with the AC on, when Im working during the day my office can get quite a bit warmer than the rest of the house. So I have the ISY auto turn on my fan once the sensor in my office reaches a certain temp. Which is awesome. And then turns back off when it drops back down.

Talking about this out loud actually reminded me of a question. I notice on several versions back, I could set the threshold for the temp that needed to be hit to activate my fan in increments of half of a degree. But now it is is in whole numbers. Not a huge deal, but it was nice to have that finer control.
If you using v5 you may need to set your variable precision. It may have changed or you changed to a 0 precision variable

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, larryllix said:

If you using v5 you may need to set your variable precision. It may have changed or you changed to a 0 precision variable

That sounds like something plausible. But honestly, I havent messed with any of the the values in Polygot. Mostly because I only barely understand what they all are. I know what looks like values for temperature and can guess on a few others. But mostly its Greek to me and I try not to mess it up by monkeying around in it. 

That sounds like something plausible. But honestly, I havent messed with any of the the values in Polygot. Mostly because I only barely understand what they all are. I know what looks like values for temperature and can guess on a few others. But mostly its Greek to me and I try not to mess it up by monkeying around in it. 
I thought you were referring to a variable comparison not a mode device.
Discount my comment then .... sorry.

Some versions of the nodeserver allowed setting half degree when using F, but I'm pretty sure Ecobee doesn't support that so I changed to whole numbers, I can check again.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Some versions of the nodeserver allowed setting half degree when using F, but I'm pretty sure Ecobee doesn't support that so I changed to whole numbers, I can check again.

Interesting. Maybe it was just my wishful thinking, but it seem to work on the half degree. Ecobee seems to reports in 10th of degrees (aka 67.8) to Polygot. Im really just using that value to trigger a program event within ISY. Not truly understanding Polygot, I would think this would work. Not really caring beyond what Ecobee can report to Polygot as long as I can use it in ISY. ?

Interesting. Maybe it was just my wishful thinking, but it seem to work on the half degree. Ecobee seems to reports in 10th of degrees (aka 67.default_icon_cool.gif to Polygot. Im really just using that value to trigger a program event within ISY. Not truly understanding Polygot, I would think this would work. Not really caring beyond what Ecobee can report to Polygot as long as I can use it in ISY. 

Yes it does report temp in 10th, but can only set desired temp in whole for F. Sorry I confused what you were asking. I can look into it.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes it does report temp in 10th, but can only set desired temp in whole for F. Sorry I confused what you were asking.

Yup, I think I see the confusion I have caused.  Not looking to set the temp on Ecobee itself, just use the info it provides. Looking to set it as a value in ISY to turn on my ceiling fan.

In the below screen grab I used to be able to set it increments of 0.5 degrees. But lost that a few versions back. I want to say around 2.0.11. Not a deal breaker, It was just a "nice to have" option.

image.png.2f2777ad549335a857d755a476d978cc.png

Yup, I think I see the confusion I have caused.  Not looking to set the temp on Ecobee itself, just use the info it provides. Looking to set it as a value in ISY to turn on my ceiling fan.

In the below screen grab I used to be able to set it increments of 0.5 degrees. But lost that a few versions back. I want to say around 2.0.11. Not a deal breaker, It was just a "nice to have" option.

image.png.2f2777ad549335a857d755a476d978cc.png
Now I get it. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

1 hour ago, Foebik said:

So this conversation looked fun and I wanted to jump in ?,

I'm using it for three activities. First, I am controling the FanLink in my bedroom according to the temperature in the master bedroom (low, medium, high, or off). Second, I'm using the weather high temp to set how long my pool pump runs (over 40 degrees, it's an hour per ten degrees). Third, it turns on my pool pump any time the temperature drops below 32 degrees - doesn't happen often in Texas!

3 minutes ago, alambertus said:

I'm using it for three activities. First, I am controling the FanLink in my bedroom according to the temperature in the master bedroom (low, medium, high, or off). Second, I'm using the weather high temp to set how long my pool pump runs (over 40 degrees, it's an hour per ten degrees). Third, it turns on my pool pump any time the temperature drops below 32 degrees - doesn't happen often in Texas!

Tell me more about this fan link please! I currently just have an Insteon on/off toggle to all my fans. I didnt think there was anything out there for fans specifically except that one that just controls the brightness of the lights too, but not the fan speed. So they are set to whatever speed I manually set them to on the chain pull. I would love to have more control over them.

Ecobee was down for a time this morning and by the time Ecobee was back up my Nodeserver was crashed and I had to do a restart.

@Jimbo Is there a way to shut down the queries when Ecobee is down and just check for a connection and then start back up?

I modified the BlueIris node to do just that, errors stop collecting and don't crash the node.

BTW, GREAT WORK!!! Thanks very much for all your effort and time getting the Ecobee Nodeserver in such good shape!

3 hours ago, markv58 said:

Ecobee was down for a time this morning and by the time Ecobee was back up my Nodeserver was crashed and I had to do a restart.

@Jimbo Is there a way to shut down the queries when Ecobee is down and just check for a connection and then start back up?

I modified the BlueIris node to do just that, errors stop collecting and don't crash the node.

BTW, GREAT WORK!!! Thanks very much for all your effort and time getting the Ecobee Nodeserver in such good shape!

Thanks @markv58 

The NS does a quick query to Ecobee to know if anything has changed, then if necessary it does a full query to get all the info.  I see that my NS had issues contacting Ecobee as well and the NS is still running, but not doing anything and I can't tell why.  We already check for timeouts and invalid data so it shouldn't crash, but of course thats always possible.  Did your's give any errors on the crash?  and are you running local or cloud?

I'm not markv58, but I just looked and my Ecobee node server (local) stopped responding this morning.  I've attached some log entries from the Ecobee node server leading up to it crashing.  I see nothing of significance in the Polyglot debug log, other than the last update to ISY for Ecobee was @ 06:13:04 this morning. 

I haven't restarted yet if you have any suggestions on anything else to look at, I can let it be for a bit.

ecobeecrash.txt

9 minutes ago, Screw Loose Dan said:

I'm not markv58, but I just looked and my Ecobee node server (local) stopped responding this morning.  I've attached some log entries from the Ecobee node server leading up to it crashing.  I see nothing of significance in the Polyglot debug log, other than the last update to ISY for Ecobee was @ 06:13:04 this morning. 

I haven't restarted yet if you have any suggestions on anything else to look at, I can let it be for a bit.

ecobeecrash.txt

Thanks @Screw Loose Dan that looks just like my log, I'm not sure why it just stopped at that point but the NS is still running.  Will need to look into it deeper.  Can you do a 'Download Log Package' and PM that to me?

5 hours ago, markv58 said:

@markv58 was yours local or cloud?  If local please 'Download Log Package' and PM that to me, if cloud can you PM me the worker Id and we can look at the log.

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks @Screw Loose Dan that looks just like my log, I'm not sure why it just stopped at that point but the NS is still running.  Will need to look into it deeper.  Can you do a 'Download Log Package' and PM that to me?

I presume you just wanted me to Download Log from the Polyglot log page?  I sent you a PM with that.

Archived