Newbie Needs Help Programming Trigger Please!

adambuild

Hey All,

I'm a newbie trying to program various triggers for around the house. Basically, if someone turns a light on, that same light should automatically shut off after the programmed delay. Below is the one I set up with a two second delay for testing purposes. What am I doing wrong???

For what it's worth, when I manually turn the switch on, my Administrative Console doesn't change from OFF to ON. Is it supposed to? 

Thank you in advance! 

Adam

image.png.e5f82c281ac087b666f0b52b862c84dc.png

Welcome to the UDI forums!!

If the device's status page does not show it's status changing from On to Off with the light then the switch and yur ISY PLM are not communicating.

You could have interference on your power lines, too much distance (wiring and air distance) betwen the device and your PLM, or a missing link between your device and ISY.

How many Insteon devices do you have in your system? I assume the switch is an Insteon module.

Program looks fine.  I expect it to work when you get your communication problems solved.

In addition to those things said by larryllix

- make sure you PLM is not on an outlet or circuit with lots of other electronic gadgets.

- make sure you have confirmed communication between the legs of your electrical circuit.  There is a test in the user manuals for most of your dual-band devices that include this test.

Thank you both for your time, wisdom and patience! On a hunch I went and looked at my device list. Of the 28 switches and plug-in modules, 12 of the switches are older 2476D's and the plug-in modules are 2456S3's. I then changed out that closet switch in question with a new 2477D and the trigger worked! So happy! So now I'm going to change out the rest of my older switches and see how things improve. For a long time I've had sporadic operation of the system. I'm hoping for marked improvement. Additional question: Are the 2456S3's single band or dual band?

Thanks again, Adam

8 hours ago, adambuild said:

Thank you both for your time, wisdom and patience! On a hunch I went and looked at my device list. Of the 28 switches and plug-in modules, 12 of the switches are older 2476D's and the plug-in modules are 2456S3's. I then changed out that closet switch in question with a new 2477D and the trigger worked! So happy! So now I'm going to change out the rest of my older switches and see how things improve. For a long time I've had sporadic operation of the system. I'm hoping for marked improvement. Additional question: Are the 2456S3's single band or dual band?

Thanks again, Adam

For economy I would try to put dual band devices near the centre of the house (assuming PLM is in centre also) and the single band units on the perimeter uses. 

Archived