IOLinc (2450) Application

j.rieff

I have a question concerning a potential installation use of the IOLinc (2450). 

I have a Tankless Hot Water heater with a D'MAND Kontrols (www.gothotwater.com) circulation pump. I currently have a single wired sensor to the pump controller to start filling the house hot water pipes with hot water when the sensor is tripped. The controller has the ability to sense either a momentary 5V or 12V pulse. Currently it is 5V since it has an wired sensor. I would like to incorporate the IOLinc (2450) in conjunction with motion sensors I have throughout the house to activate the pump. I currently use an ISY944i for my automation programming. 

Does this sound like something I could accomplish with the IOLinc and the motion sensors? 

Sure! The IO/Linc has a dry (isolated) form C contact (N.C. and N.O. with a common connection) as well as a 5Vdc output with a small current capability.

The IO/Linc is not dual band though. It is powerline only so needs to be close or inline with another Insteon device or on a fairly noise free circuit.

Archived