MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: MobiLinc X for iOS and Android

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

Great news! MobiLinc X has moved through the iOS review process and should be available with the Android version tomorrow on their respective app stores. Huge thanks to all the beta testers and their excellent feedback. 

Once live tomorrow I'll make an announcement regarding more information, their availability, and the path to upgrade to MobiLinc X for existing MobiLinc Connect subscribers.

Wes

After suffering through semi-annual database corruptions, I’ve given up on trying to keep a configuration in place. I assume you’re keeping stuff like that stored on the back end along with the instant refresh in ML X. That in itself is worth the price of admission, despite dependence on the cloud. My Connect sub is up on April 1, so I’m standing by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @Dr. Q

Yes! All settings are now part of MobiLinc Connect and cloud managed. This gives you two distinct advantages:

1. When you change out your iOS or Android device, just log into your account and everything is restored.
2. If you use multiple iOS or Android devices, all settings are real-time synced between all mobile devices on your account. This includes your free family users and their iOS or Android devices as well.

A good example here is ONVIF cameras. Add your ONVIF certified camera to your MobiLinc X and watch it appear on all your other MobiLinc X iOS and Android devices instantly.

Wes

I'm getting an error message when trying to set up a new MobiLinc connect account for MobiLinc X. 

Problem with login

Parse error: 141 missing app receipt. I chose the yearly subscription option first and when they didn't work, I cancelled it and tried the monthly option which will have me the error. 

Can you help me get logged in to this app. I'd love to try it.

Ritch Cureton

• 2 weeks later...

I have Moblinc HD on iOS and latest version of Android version and use isyportal.

What do I have to do to trial MobiLinc X? Both android and iOS interfaces work but feel very dated. Would love to see new version in action.

From reading It appears issues from some users are it’s cloud based, requires mobilinc portal and to a lessor degree it is subscription based instead of paying for app? Not that you agree but is this accurate?

Hi @hart2hart

MobiLinc X requires our MobiLinc Portal and is a subscription. The MobiLinc X subscription includes cloud services (like Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, push, etc) for your ISY and ongoing MobiLinc X app support and new features. Make sure you upvote your favorite feature requests in MobiLinc X!

MobiLinc X is a superset. Any ISY you add to MobiLinc X is still accessible via MobiLinc Connect and the existing MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML apps. 

If you are unable to switch from UDI Portal to MobiLinc due to cloud polyglot (and our IFTTT channel doesn’t cover you already), but are still interested in MobiLinc X through UDIs Portal, I need to hear from you. Send me an email to: support@mobilinc.com to voice your request for MobiLinc X and UDIs Portal. 

Wes

Hi Wes,

I like this interface better than the previous ones but I'm finding it hard to do the things that were easy with the UDI Portal. Devices that work with ML X no longer work with Alexa and I'm lost trying to find out how to add them back in. Any guidance is appreciated.

• 11 months later...
19 minutes ago, blueman2 said:

So I just had to reset my phone, and found I can no longer installed the Mobilinc Pro I had purchased.  I only see Mobilinc X.  

How do I reinstall the Mobilic Pro I have purchased??

Would also love to know as my current iPhone X is being upgraded soon to the latest. I don't want to find out one of the most expansive Apps installed on my phone is abandon-ware. 

14 minutes ago, Teken said:

Would also love to know as my current iPhone X is being upgraded soon to the latest. I don't want to find out one of the most expansive Apps installed on my phone is abandon-ware. 

Good news is the iPhone Mobilinc Pro app is still there.  Android app appears to have been taken down. 

Hi @blueman2

Google asked me to make expensive changes to the Pro app for Android last year. These were cost-prohibitive and I had already released MobiLinc X as a true-cross platform app. If you are coming from Pro/Android to MobiLinc X, MobiLinc X is light-years ahead and offers a wide range of options.

I don't recommend this since I can no longer support Pro on Android, but if you email me your Google Play purchase receipt for Pro I can send you the non-Play store license version while you evaluate MobiLinc X: support@mobilinc.com

Nothing has changed with regards to app status for MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML on iOS. MobiLinc X is simply a modern, new, option with features you can't get anywhere else like instant on/no syncing, family management, custom buttons, settings sync between all your iOS/Android devices, and of course Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT support.

Wes

Thank you.

So, those of us that purchased Mobilinc Pro have a choice between contacting you and getting an .apk that requires us to open our phone to non-store apps - or paying again?

If the latter how much? The store listing states a trial - but not how much it is to be able to use a local connection or ISY Portal. The listing states that in-app purchases are 6.99 to 164.99  but not what you get for how much.

Just want to make sure I understand the options fully. 

23 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Hi @blueman2

Google asked me to make expensive changes to the Pro app for Android last year. These were cost-prohibitive and I had already released MobiLinc X as a true-cross platform app. If you are coming from Pro/Android to MobiLinc X, MobiLinc X is light-years ahead and offers a wide range of options.

I don't recommend this since I can no longer support Pro on Android, but if you email me your Google Play purchase receipt for Pro I can send you the non-Play store license version while you evaluate MobiLinc X: support@mobilinc.com

Nothing has changed with regards to app status for MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML on iOS. MobiLinc X is simply a modern, new, option with features you can't get anywhere else like instant on/no syncing, family management, custom buttons, settings sync between all your iOS/Android devices, and of course Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT support.

Wes

I hope that Mobile Pro will continue to work on IOS. As I have mentioned several times before, I paid for Mobilinc X but I find Mobilinc Pro more useful for my purposes. I fail to understand why Wes does not want to include the Pro Dashboard in X.

Archived