ISY control of ELK M1 relays?

jpelzer

Jayson,

eK Pro sounds pretty cool. How do I upgrade from eK M1 to eK Pro? If I buy eK Pro on my iPhone will it recognize I've already purchased eK M1 and give me an upgrade price?

Also, does eK Pro support invoking ISY programs from the iPhone in addition to light control? Can I create eK Pro favorites to invoke an ISY programs?

As I mentioned above, I'm currently using the eK M1 to control my Denon gear but want to move it into ISY since I've run out of rule space in my M1. I've already got my GC-100 and will be doing the conversion in the next few weeks.

I was hoping for better Elk / ISY integration (on both sides) before I made the move, but having eK Pro be able to control my Denon gear (via ISY / GC-100 commands) would make things a bit simpler.

Let me know about the eK Pro upgrade process and when ISY support will be available. Your website says it's currently in beta.

Also, my wife ditched her iPhone for a Nexus One around the holidays. Any chance you'll be supporting Android? I'm still using my iPhone, but the Nexus One is pretty nice.

Finally, wanted to say that eK M1 has been very solid and I use it daily. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Phil

bTwix,

I am working to finalize the beta testing of eKeypad ISY support this month (September). You may be interested to know that along with the standalone eK ISY application, I will also be adding ISY support to eK Pro.

Within eK Pro you will be able to configure both the Elk M1 and an ISY simultaneously. Within the application you will be able to switch between the devices without exiting the application.

Also I am also working on a "consolidated" view that will allow you to access both devices at the same time. Hopefully it will make the September release. This feature will allow you to configure eKeypad to control lights via the ISY and relays via the Elk. Then when you select the Lights screen eKeypad will automatically interact with the ISY. if you switch to the Outputs screen eKeypad will automatically interact with the Elk. If you happen to tell eKeypad to control lights on both the Elk and the ISY, then the lights screen will consolidate the data from both devices into a single list.

--

Jayson

eKeypad Pro

Web: http://web.mac.com/japps/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/eKeypad/

• 1 month later...

You can always use the ISY network module to send an ASCII command to ELK via the M1XEP's TCIP/IP port (usually 2101). Use the "Control Output On (cn)" command, for example. Full details are in the "M1 Control RS-232 ASCII String Protocol" manual published by ELK. Remember to use ISY's TCP C escaped mode, and terminate command strings with \r\n. This is only a solution for commands to ELK, obviously, and there is no way of using the return status messages, even though you will see them displayed in the ISY Admin Console when you use the TEST feature. Nobody mentions using this in the forum, so I tried it and it seems to work fine.

Archived