Proximity Reader Kit.

Brian H

I purchased the individual parts in the kit; as I had a four pack of I/O Linc Modules and didn't need another one. Used the Quick-Start Guide [05/20/2009] from the web page.

Step 1e. Indicates to use the N/C terminal of the relay board. While the illustration shows the N/O terminal on the relay board. I used the N/O terminal as it would give me an On sensor indication; when a valid tag was read.

Step 3. Does not give you any information on which wire [black or Black/White] is the positive and negative wire. After removing the connector. Both the Relay Board and the Proximity Reader have Reverse Voltage Protection. If modules don't work reversing the power supply wires may fix it. I used a power input jack that matched the supplies connector and did not cut the connector off.

The problem I had was the Relay Board went On as soon as the power was applied and did not toggle with a valid tag read. Traced the problem to the White [EMS+] Output Wire from the Proximity Reader being connected to the +T Trigger Terminal of the Relay Board. Disconnecting it corrected the problem. I taped the White Wire and didn't use it.

Inside the Proximity Reader. The Black [+12 Volt Supply] and the White [EMS+] are connected together. The +12 Volts from the Proximity Readers White Wire into the Relay Boards +T Trigger Input kept it On all the time. The White/Black [EMS-] Output from the Proximity Reader to the Relay Boards -T Trigger Input. Controlled the relays fine.

Archived