Polyglot Hubitat Elevation NodeServer

simplextech

6 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

Thank you!  That was quick.  The bulb is a Sengled model E11-G13.  I will let you know if I get it working.

Thanks for letting me know.  I don't have any Sengled but I'll look into ordering a white and color for integration testing. 

4 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

Also should note that the Polygot interface only show Hubitat having one node, the Hubitat itself.

Other nodes should be created for each device.  As I don't think you have any devices before that would be why only the Hubitat nodeserver controller showed up.

Ok update was pushed.  Things on my end are working but I don't have that bulb.  Install the update and restart the nodeserver through the web interface.  AC restart is probably needed after the nodeserver is running.  

If there's still nothing there please post the log from the nodeserver.

With  Simplexrech’s help, I got this working.  I was missing the step that when you click on “get all devices with full details” when the screen with the details opens, you then copy the URL in that window and copy that.  My test light bulb then appeared in the ISY. I know can control the bulb as a device, in a program, and in a scene.  It also shows up in MobiLinc.  I noticed that in a scene, the bulb will come on when I turn on (or off) an Insteon bulb, the Zigbee bulb turns on (or off), but not the other way around.  One curious Mobilinc behavior, if the bulb does not change state, click the folder on the Hubitat icon in Mobiliinc to reset the device and it should start working.

13 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

I noticed that in a scene, the bulb will come on when I turn on (or off) an Insteon bulb, the Zigbee bulb turns on (or off), but not the other way around.

Glad things are working.

Can you expand on that part about the scenes?  I don't have Insteon bulbs either so I don't know how they behave in scenes or if you even want them to behave the same way or not?

33 minutes ago, simplextech said:

Glad things are working.

Can you expand on that part about the scenes?  I don't have Insteon bulbs either so I don't know how they behave in scenes or if you even want them to behave the same way or not?

A scene consists of two or more items.  When one turns on (or off) they all do.  A scene is much like a program, i.e. if a, then b, or else, but a scene does not rely on a controller.  It replaces cross linking devices like you used to have to do with Insteon. A device in a scene does not have to be just a light bulb, it can be any device.  I use them mostly with switches and devices like fans or bulbs.  I could use a scene using 4 independent switches to control a light bulb.  What Hubitat brings to the table is I could have one button on an Insteon or mini remote tie together an Insteon device, a Z Wave device, and a Zigbee device.  I need to get a Zigbee switch and see if it will work in a scene, but I suspect it will.

6 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

A scene consists of two or more items.  When one turns on (or off) they all do.  A scene is much like a program, i.e. if a, then b, or else, but a scene does not rely on a controller.  It replaces cross linking devices like you used to have to do with Insteon. A device in a scene does not have to be just a light bulb, it can be any device.  I use them mostly with switches and devices like fans or bulbs.  I could use a scene using 4 independent switches to control a light bulb.  What Hubitat brings to the table is I could have one button on an Insteon or mini remote tie together an Insteon device, a Z Wave device, and a Zigbee device.  I need to get a Zigbee switch and see if it will work in a scene, but I suspect it will.

:) I appreciate the scene 101 :) I have quite a lot of scenes in my system as well.

I was actually wondering about how the insteon bulb in a scene vs the zigbee bulb in a scene were behaving differently.  Unless I misunderstood your previous post about how the zigbee bulb behaving diferently or not the same as the Insteon bulb?  This could be as it was a long day at the office today :)

This appears to prove out why I wanted to try Hubitat.  Almost everything in my house is controlled with the ISY.  With the node server function, I am able to monitor my generator, control my pool, and a CAI Webcontrol.  I bought a SmartThings hub, hoping I would be be able to control Zigbee devices.  It did not work.  In addition, I have come to hate Smartthings for many reasons. As I work through your Ap, I am hoping to be able to tie everything together in the ISY.

14 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

This appears to prove out why I wanted to try Hubitat.  Almost everything in my house is controlled with the ISY.  With the node server function, I am able to monitor my generator, control my pool, and a CAI Webcontrol.  I bought a SmartThings hub, hoping I would be be able to control Zigbee devices.  It did not work.  In addition, I have come to hate Smartthings for many reasons. As I work through your Ap, I am hoping to be able to tie everything together in the ISY.

Gotcha.  I have a multiple system arrangement as well.  I have been chomping at the bit pushing the Hubitat team for a way to integrate the system with other controllers and finally a few weeks ago I got a green light to move on this.  Along with the ISY integration I've also released a HomeSeer integration.  Hubitat opens a whole new range of possibilities for ISY and for HomeSeer environments. 

For ISY it's now possible for Lutron Caseta Pro and RA2 devices to be controlled and presented to the ISY which is great!!!

I mainly have Z-Wave and Insteon devices in our test environment and in my own home so I'm going to have to start acquiring ZigBee devices to perform integration testing and validation!!! :)

Now I understand what you meant.  Something is going on strange.  I have two Insteon bulbs and a Zigbee bulbs in a scene. Using MobiLinc, if I turn on either if the Insteon Bulbs, the Zigbee bulb turns on.  If I turn off either one of the Insteon bulbs the Zigbee turns off.  But if I turn the Zigbee bulb on or off, nothing happens with the Insteon.  But strangely, from the ISY admin console, the scene does not work when turning on or off any of the bulbs and I can not turn off the Zigbee from the console.   I tried closing and reopening the console and rebooting the ISY, it still does not work.  It still works from Hubitat. 

But now, I cannot turn off the Zigbee from the console or MobiLinc.  The Insteon would not work until I queried them.

10 minutes ago, RRoyceus said:

Now I understand what you meant.  Something is going on strange.  I have two Insteon bulbs and a Zigbee bulbs in a scene. Using MobiLinc, if I turn on either if the Insteon Bulbs, the Zigbee bulb turns on.  If I turn off either one of the Insteon bulbs the Zigbee turns off.  But if I turn the Zigbee bulb on or off, nothing happens with the Insteon.  But strangely, from the ISY admin console, the scene does not work when turning on or off any of the bulbs and I can not turn off the Zigbee from the console.   I tried closing and reopening the console and rebooting the ISY, it still does not work.  It still works from Hubitat. 

But now, I cannot turn off the Zigbee from the console or MobiLinc.  The Insteon would not work until I queried them.

I don't use MobiLinc but it may be worth me adding to the test kit.  My understanding however was that Mobilinc did not support nodeserver devices?  Or perhaps that was just the New MobiLinc X?  Not sure.  What version of Mobilinc are you using and is it IOS or Android?

The scene oddness is not a huge surprise with the bulb as I don't have a bulb so it was not tested.  I'll get a couple bulbs on order to test however the Insteon bulbs are now discontinued so that will be difficult maybe I can find some on Amazon or Ebay.

If control/status is no longer working check the Nodeserver logs from the Polyglot web console.  The nodeserver may have hit an error and stopped.  If so please Private Message the log information.

8 hours ago, RRoyceus said:

Will get the log.  I also did not think MobiLinc supported Node Servers, but yours works!  I am using IOS.  I did not aware of anything but the original version, never heard of MobiLinc X

I recently got a new iPhone (I've always used Android) so I'll install MobiLinc (older version that is local) for testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Im still stuck here:   Added lights to HUE App, everuthing works great. Added lights and groups to Hubitat. I see them there. Added the Get All devices with full details _ URL. Paste that to Hubitat Nodeserver polyglot. Restart Hubitat. Now I only see 2 nodes, a sensor and Hubitat. TRy restarting several times. Please advice.

Hubitat_2019-5-3 12_02_15.txt URL.txt

Archived