Isy controller to Australia

Hi There 

From who  can I purchase a controller that will ship to Australia. I have a Isy pro and its been working great for the last 5 years, I'm looking at another controller as i have range issues to my shed. I emailed sales and was informed by them that they dont ship here and it wont work in Australia (interesting ), amazon wont ship here either.

And why won't it work here, as sales suggests ? Can tech support enlighten me. 

Any body else with Isy's down under?

I've observed another forum member from australia: https://forum.universal-devices.com/profile/4361-russr999/... might want to check with them

• You found an Australian power compatible power supply to power your current ISY? Answer has to be yes and you'll need to do that again
  • Are you using Insteon?
    • If you are using insteon, how is your ISY connceted to your powerline?
    • As far as I know, there is no Insteon PLM, required by the ISY, that is timed to 50hz/220V needed for Insteon communications
  • What are you doing with your current ISY, what types of ha technology connected?
  • Maybe try purchasing on ebay or other marketplace?

Paul

Hi Paul 

No PLM available for here, so no insteon devices.

Elk module and all z wave devices.

Haven't tried ebay yet, I'll look there

I'll try and find who I originally baught it from, but the zwave frequency is different in australia , and I only use z wave devices i baught here, so wouldn't  the frequency have been set by universal devices for australia ?

Where does it tell me what my isy's zwave frequency is ?

It would be the licensed frequency for our region. http://store.zwavecenter.com/image/catalog/PDF/Z-Wave_Frequency_Coverage.pdf

You may want to do some searching for Insteon in your part of the world. As our Insteon RF frequency is not the same as used in other parts of the world.  So our Dual Band modules will be on a different RF frequency from any modules sold for your country.

At one time I had seen a PLM for your part of the world. A vendor was modifying a 2442 HUB sold for your part of the world. By removing the network interface board and using a serial port daughter board  in it. So you had the proper Insteon RF frequency for Insteon modules sold for your area of the world.

Archived