Somfy Shade Control

Eric

There's a lot of traffic on shade control using ISY,  but I haven't found the answer I am looking for.   I have a large number of shades controlled by the somfy RF remotes.  (My installer did the programming, so I'm not super versed in how it's done).   On one of the remotes,  I have a single channel (LED 4) that controls all the shades together.   So if I leave it set there,  I have one button for all the way up.  One button for all the way down,  and the MY button for the mid point that I like.

Looking at the controller available,  I should be able to mimic this with the Somfy dry contact controller,  with Green wire common,  and White for all the way up,  Black for all the way down, and Red for the mid point.   But it also looks like I might need THREE of the Insteon dry contact modules to do it,  with one set for a momentary closure for each of the three positions.  Is there a better way ?   Maybe something like an irrigation controller with multiple zones,  and using a zone for each shade position ?

Eric

I'm using the Somfy ZRTSI zwave to RTS interface. The only options are either open or closed.

To use the Somfy dry contact interface you would have to send two control signals, i.e. CLOSE and STOP. That can be done using an ISY program with a WAIT clause between commands. The position the shades stops in could vary depending on various timing conditions.

I'm assuming that your Somfy motors are RTS and not hardwired.

Archived