Replaced PLM-lost programs

1 hour ago, Michaelv said:

Interesting. When I started the count, it did not start at one. I think it started at 44. Maybe I have too many links? 

Is there a way to increase capacity in my plm or can I purchase a higher capacity plm? Could I reduce the amount of link by replacing scenes with programs or do programs generate links as well?

Your problem is most likely lack of PLM memory. The current PLM's can hold about 1000 links.

About how many devices, programs, and scenes do you have?

The PLM link count that you ran is an approximate count. The count can vary depending on ISY activity when the count is run. Try running another count.

Deleted links, etc. will remain in the PLM and occupy PLM memory. Doing a factory reset and restore PLM will clear out those dead link tables.

• 1 month later...

I've had similar issues. I was having all sorts of connectivity issues. I did a factory reset on my PLM and got a "Safe Mode" warning. Later it started working but intermittently. I figured it was done so I replaced it. When I installed the new PLM and did the restore PLM it didn't quite work. I had to right click on each device, do a restore and then a write. Then the device red exclamations all resolved. But when I check PLM links there are only 28 whereas the old PLM had over 300. I've tried to do another PLM restore. It lasted less than one minute but didn't increase the links. It seems like I might be missing all the scene links. I'm kinda stuck. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, kfrazack said:

I've had similar issues. I was having all sorts of connectivity issues. I did a factory reset on my PLM and got a "Safe Mode" warning. Later it started working but intermittently. I figured it was done so I replaced it. When I installed the new PLM and did the restore PLM it didn't quite work. I had to right click on each device, do a restore and then a write. Then the device red exclamations all resolved. But when I check PLM links there are only 28 whereas the old PLM had over 300. I've tried to do another PLM restore. It lasted less than one minute but didn't increase the links. It seems like I might be missing all the scene links. I'm kinda stuck. 

I think I'm running into a similar issue - way fewer links being restored to my new PLM.

Did you make any progress with your installation? Would love to hear either way.

Archived