Alexa "forgets" and rediscovers mobilinc devices

eyaniv

Hi Wes,

for the last few weeks, Alexa randomly sends me notifications about re-discovering devices from ISY through Mobilinc portal. every time it does that, I have to update the Alexa routines, as the routines thinks all of the devices I have are new.

is it my setup? or is it flaky service connection from the portal to Alexa?

Thanks

Eran

Hi Eran,

Would you send me an email to support@mobilinc.com with your ISY's UUID so I can look up your ISY? The ISY can connect/disconnect/reconnect to us without any issues like this. However, if the ISY connects to us and reports no devices, scenes, or programs, our servers will retry several times to sync this data. If the ISY keeps telling us there isn't data to sync, then eventually MobiLinc Connect will remove these items from your connected services to stay in sync with what your ISY is reporting. If your ISY comes back at some point in the future and reports devices again, then these get re-added.

This is a rare thing to have happen. In one other case I know about it was due to a failing SD Card in the ISY. Replacing the SD Card and restoring from a good backup seems to have fixed this issue in one other customer's case.

Wes

Archived