Any way to stop or limit logging from a single device?

madcodger

Hi. Is there any way to stop or limit logging from a single device? I have a Zooz z-wave appliance module controlling a dehumidifier. It works great, but the thing reports EVERYthing, including power consumed, changes in line voltage, etc. So, when I want to look up something in the log I end up wading through thousands of lines, mostly from this device (which I don’t really need to log at all). Other controllers (e.g., Homeseer) have an ability to just turn off logging for a single device. Can we do that with the ISY?

Look up the parameters that this device supports (should be available from Zooz, I'd expect).  Most vendors support a means to send a parameter to the device to change the nature and frequency of reporting -- some are easier than others, but I've had no problems adjusting my reports to the 5 minute range (I really don't need updates every 30 seconds - the temp and humidity don't change that fast!)

I've requested a feature request to be able to set event logging on a per device basis as well.  I don't know if it will happen but I've asked.  I have Z-Wave thermostat's that report constantly idle/heating as they are short cycle baseboard thermostat's and my event log is just full of those messages.  I setup a program to clear my event logs daily.

The spreadsheet option is convenient and useful.  I think moving away from Java for the Admin Console is a great thing, however I really hope the capabilities/features are not lost in the attempt to make things "easy" or "user friendly" as other systems are in process of doing.  The Admin interface is for Administration not for end user display or control. 

Either way back on topic... I'm sure once the Admin UI is moved away from Java and the Polisy release is underway and kinks ironed out then once things start settling down attention can be made to the smaller items.  I'd rather have a fully functional and stable system with a few annoyances than a pretty looking unusable/unstable system any day.

Archived