MobiLinc X v1.18 with DIRECT IP/UDI PORTAL Support AVAILABLE NOW!

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

I'm excited to announce the 1.18 update for MobiLinc X for iOS and Android:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilinc-x/id1449594859?ls=1&mt=8 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileintegratedsolutions.mobilincx

With the new update MobiLinc X adds the following features for iOS and Android:

• Direct IP and UDI Portal Support! For those that are looking to manage their own settings using a direct IP only connection or UDI Portal connection, select the "Direct" option from the payment options page to make a one-time purchase and connect MobiLinc X directly to your ISY. The Direct option does not include any cloud features.
  • ISY data is now cached locally for even faster start-up times for direct IP and MobiLinc Connect connections.

With today's update (rolling out over the next 24 hours), MobiLinc X supports new one-time In-App purchase options for MobiLinc X to support direct IP connections and other individually priced features like ONVIF Cameras, ELK security, remote access, multiple profiles, and more.

Purchasing every available In-App feature separately is valued at $140 USD, but from now until January 1st, we're discounting the "ALL DIRECT FEATURES" bundle at almost 50% off the retail price for $74.99. After January 1st, the "ALL DIRECT FEATURES" bundle price will increase.

This is a one-time discount ONLY available once on the subscription and direct IP options page and includes all direct IP features now and in future releases of MobiLinc X. Consider it an all-inclusive direct IP pass for your ISY.

NOTE: The Direct IP Option does not include any cloud features. All data is stored locally on your iOS/Android device. Features like Instant On/no syncing, Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, Family Management, Custom Buttons, and settings sync between all your mobile devices is only available with a MobiLinc X subscription and our MobiLinc Connect portal.

See this 40 second video walk-through of how simple it is with MobiLinc X to purchase the direct IP option and connect with your local ISY.

Let me know what you think!
Wes

@firstone

56 minutes ago, firstone said:

Can direct purchase option be shared with family members or does it require each family member to pay $75?

In-App purcases can't be shared. If you have several family members and/or iOS and Android devices, you would be better served by the "Family" subscription plan for MobiLinc X as this will solve all the multiple device/multiple family member management for your ISY.

@asbril

On the Payment page, swipe from right to left to get to the "Direct" card. If you watch the video I embedded above, I walk through the entire process.

Wes

47 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

@firstone

In-App purcases can't be shared. If you have several family members and/or iOS and Android devices, you would be better served by the "Family" subscription plan for MobiLinc X as this will solve all the multiple device/multiple family member management for your ISY.

Doesn't family plan go through mobilinc connect? I'm interested in direct option. I don't really need any family management. All I want is for my wife and kids to be able to control lights from the app. And, hopefully, not pay $300 for it.

@firstone

Here are the options currently:

- "Family" subscription with MobiLinc X. This is the most flexible. The one subscription allow you to create any number of users all with their own Favorites/Recently Used, settings, etc.
- "Direct" In-App purchase. This is shared between all the iOS devices that use the same iTunes account. Just tap "Restore" on the other iOS to restore your paid purchase.
- "Direct" In-App purchase. If everyone has their own iTunes account, Apple doesn't allow sharing of In-App purchases. This is something we'd have to build manually to support something like this...which we have in our "Family" subscription offering. 

Wes

Wes, thanks. It worked.

However I am trying, without success, to create my own dashboard with only selected Scenes and Devices. Is it also possible to change (or delete) the pictures appearing of houses and rooms ?

Can I add my Nest thermostats ?

@asbril

Tap  the "star" to favorite your devices/scenes on the individual device/scene page in MobiLinc X. Then under Settings->Current Account->ISY you can customize the home page how you like.

You can remove the folders from being listed per the directions above. Custom photos are on my high-priority to-do list so you can pick or take your own.

Nest isn't supported.

Wes

29 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

@asbril

Tap  the "star" to favorite your devices/scenes on the individual device/scene page in MobiLinc X. Then under Settings->Current Account->ISY you can customize the home page how you like.

You can remove the folders from being listed per the directions above. Custom photos are on my high-priority to-do list so you can pick or take your own.

Nest isn't supported.

Wes

Very nice all...... Great job !

Is it possible (now or in future) to have the Rooms in Favorites and NOT in a row at the top ? I prefer to see all the Rooms in the Dashboard rather than having to scroll left to right.

@InsteonNut I have several questions:

Once before I tried mobilinc and it caused alexa through udi portal to stop working, is this still the case?

I am confused on your plan selections.  I want to access the ISY on my phone and my wifes phone over internet (both are android), wall displays, 5 Fire tablets, over local LAN with no internet.  Show a few of my camera feeds. 

I use agave now and can accomplish most everything except camera feeds at present.  

What plans, add ons etc. would I need to accomplish the above and does your trial version allow full access or just a bare bones trial?

@asbril,

1 hour ago, asbril said:

Is it possible (now or in future) to have the Rooms in Favorites and NOT in a row at the top ?

Definitely possible in the future.

@TomL

For installs with no internet access, you need "Direct" option. As I posted in the original post, I'm running a deep discount till Jan 1 on the Include everything bundle which includes ONVIF camera support. However, please be aware that as an In-app purchases these cannot be shared to other Google Play or iTunes accounts. If everyone uses the same Google Play account or the same iTunes account, you can "Restore" your purchases in MobiLinc X and direct connect to your ISY. For remote access you'll need to manage this on your own with port-forwarding.

The two week trial is for our subscription options with MobiLinc Connect. The trial is fully-featured at the subscription tier you select.

Wes

@TomL

17 minutes ago, TomL said:

Once before I tried mobilinc and it caused alexa through udi portal to stop working, is this still the case?

If you switch to our MobiLinc Connect portal to take full advantage of everything that MobiLinc X offers, then you'll need to unlink the UDI Skill and link our MobiLinc skill in Alexa. If you setup your spoken names via the Admin Console->Notes->Spoken fields then these will auto-import into Alexa. Or, you can easily set these in the MobiLinc X app.

Wes

@PLA

39 minutes ago, PLA said:

Is it possible to have both a mobilinc x subscription and also purchase the direct ip option?

It is! I didn't make this obvious as this is a pretty narrow use-case, but I have to test this way and thus is supported:

- If you already have a subscription, go to Settings->Current Account and log out of all accounts listed here.
- This takes you back to the initial MobiLinc X screen. Tap "Continue"
- Scroll from right to left to pick "Direct"
- Purchase the Direct In-App purchase.
- On purchase you'll be taken through the direct IP flow to connect to your ISY.
- Once connected, go to Settings->Current Account and tap the "+" button to add a new account/profile.
- If you have both an active MobiLinc X subscription and a Direct IP purchase on your app store of choice, MobiLinc X will ask if you want to add MobiLinc Connect or a Direct IP account.
- Select "MobiLinc Connect" and log into your MobiLinc account.
- You can switch between the two under Settings->Current Account.

Wes

In my old Mobilinc pro I have various "Scenes" in the dashboard which instantaneously show in what room devices are on with a percentage (of all devices in that particular room "scene"). When I click on one of these scenes, I can then view or control the individual devices.

I find that view very useful and use it all the time. How can I reproduce this view in Mobilinc X ? BTW do I have the same icons for lights, fans, curtains etc in Mobilinc X ?

IMG_2802.jpg

@hart2hart

Direct IP is an In-App purchase since there are multiple ways to add direct IP support. Local or bundle. Apple doesn't allow In-App purchases to be shared. If you have multiple family members and/or iOS and Android devices, you'll be better served with the Family Subscription as we built out a robust user system for the ISY.

@eyaniv

The first connection MUST be a local connection. This serves as a quick initial win to get connected in the fastest and simplest way possible and get up and running. It's really frustrating for users to not get that initial success working right away. Once connected locally, you can change anything you want with your connection under Settings->Current Profile->ISY->Edit Connection Settings. This is assuming you purchased the Bundle or the Remote In-App purchase.

@asbril

Tap the "Star" icon on the scene to Favorite it. Scene percentages were confusing to most MobiLinc users and I opted to simply scene status as ON/OFF in MobiLinc X. Icons are currently fixed to what they are in MobiLinc X. May add in support for changing these at some point.

Wes

1 hour ago, InsteonNut said:

Scene percentages were confusing to most MobiLinc users

Maybe to some but important to me. I fully understand that not everything can be achieved at once, but I will continue to use Mobilinc Pro as it gives ,me an immediate view of what is on or off (or at least that some devices in a "scene" are on or off). In Mobilinc X a scene will only show on if I actually activated the scene itself, in other words all devices in that scene will be on.

A good alternative (and probably even better) if the Rooms show a % or show On if any device in that Room is On.

I applaud you for the capabilities of Mobilinc X but it should at least have the same features as previous versions of Mobilinc, as in my case Mobilinc Pro (the immediate  dashboard view of what is On or Off and the Icons). I like much in Mobilinc X including that I can . (de-) activate programs, but I need what I had in Pro.

Please take this into account for (near) future evolution.

1 minute ago, InsteonNut said:

If you go under the "Lights" card, you can tap "ON" or "OFF" to quickly see what's ON or OFF as a quick filter.

I know and I appreciate. It is just that I would like my initial view to give me a global status.

Archived