How do I create an "all off" on a KPL except certa

AdamHLG

Hey all,

First, I am very new to the ISY, but anxious to learn. When my project is done, I will have close to 50+ switches, a few outlets, a few I/O links, and about 5 KPLs.

I have a scene created to turn on three outdoor lights. I never turn that "scene off" because the lights are scheduled to go off at different times. I am a CQC automation user (www.charmedquark.com for those unaware), so basically I am using the CQC event server to trigger the scene on, and then using the CQC event server to trigger each individual light off at my scheduled time. I am aware I could do this in the ISY also, but i just as well did it via CQC.

Anyway, I would like to program a KPL button in my bedroom to turn off all the lights in the house at sleep time, except for the three outdoor lights which are automated via the schedule. We are talking 47 switches I want off, which excludes the three switches that are schedule automated.

Do I need to create a scene and add these 47 switches, and just do a 'scene off', or is there a smarter way to accomplish this? Finally, I want to be sure that the KPL light is on if any of the 47 switches are on, so i know if a light was left on in the house. If there is, i would press that KPL button to initiate an all lights off (again except for the 3 switches that are schedule automated) and the KPL light would then turn off. I DO NOT want all the lights to turn on if i press that KPL button when the KPL light is off.

I know this is probably VERY easy - but i want to make sure i do this the best most efficient way.

Adam

p.s. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

In that event, I'd create one "Lights Off" scene with all 47 devices in it, with the On level set to Off. That way, whether you send an On or an Off it'll still turn the devices off.

Create a second 'All Lights Status' scene that has ONLY the keypad button as a member.

Create a 'Check Status' program that says if status (light 1) is not off or status (light 2) is not off...status (light 47) is not off, then turn on 'All Lights Status' Scene else turn off 'All Lights Status' Scene.

Create an All Off program that says if Control (your keypad button) turns on or if Control (your keypad button) turns off, then wait 10 seconds, run (if) 'Check Status'.

That ought to do it.

OK. I was just making sure that I was not missing some easy step. I am an x-10 convert where I lived in "all on" and "all off" for a specific letter, so i had to hit each letter one at a time.

Someone posted that group 255 in Insteon was for all on or all off, I cant remember what that was about. But I guess I need to add all 47 to the scene.

Will there be a delay from the state change of the first light to the state change of the last light, as the scene is played out for all 47 switches from beginning to end, or will all lights go off concurrently?

Thanks for the help.

Since the devices are all responding to a single transmission from the controller (Device xx.xx.xx Group y ON), devices will respond concurrently so long as your signals are good.

If you have an unresolved noise or signal absorption problem and one or two devices don't 'hear' the original group message, then they will turn on slightly later when direct cleanup commands get through.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm the last one to help but would setting the KPL button as a non-toggle off to trigger the 47 devices work? I have that exact setting (thanks to a few members here) that shuts off all the lights. The non-toggle off always sends an off signal so there's no chance of turning any on.

Drew

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the late update andrew77. :D

I am in the process of creating an ALL OFF scene and did not want all the lights turning on if some pressed that button by accident. That non-toggle off should work great for my application.

I wish there was an easier way to add a bunch of devices to a single scene without adding them one by one. Sure takes a long time when you have almost 100 devices to add. :shock:

I wish there was an easier way to add a bunch of devices to a single scene without adding them one by one. Sure takes a long time when you have almost 100 devices to add. :shock:

If I remember correctly you can hold down "Shift" and left click all of the devices you want, then drag them into the scene.

Tim