Trying to understand what happens when the ISY reboots

oh2bnMaine

I've never fully understood what is supposed to happen after the ISY reboots. Hopefully someone can educate me.

Today, I rebooted my ISY.

Then, I got an alert that the chicken coop door was opened via my "sunrise" program. It is well past sunrise. So, does that mean the program activates because the time is conditional? Is there something I can do to stop this from getting triggered? (I do not have this program set to run at startup.)

image.png.33976dc907fd8a0dc48cb7022e542910.png

In the Configuration tab. The ISY994i can be told to Query All Devices and do any missed programs {there is a time period for the missed program} at reboot.

If your program uses a motion sensor or open closed sensor. Their state will be unknown until it send a signal like Open or Closed. It is possible the unknown state maybe triggering your chicken coop door program/

If you have a PRO model you will also see the Automatic Write Updates to devices and Battery Devices  On even if it was Off before the reboot.

I have the catchup field set to 10 minutes. The coop door opens 10 minutes before sunrise and it was well past 11am when this occurred. For these programs, I only use sunrise and a "bad error" variable to prevent the program from running.

I actually have open/close sensors in place but they aren't reliable (yet). I'm finding the sensor that marks when the door is all the way down works great. I'm not seeing status for the sensor marking when the door is open all the way. There's an extra sensor that marks when the door has gone up too far as well, which flips the "bad error" variable to 911. 

Since I haven't seen reliable results for the open/close sensors yet I haven't included them in the program.

It just seemed odd that the program runs at reboot.

Are you sure you got the alert as a result of the "sunrise" program?  I ask because your "sunrise" program runs the IF (as opposed to the THEN) of your "Coop Door Open" program.  Are there actually conditions in the IF of the "Coop Door Open" program and could they be the reason you get an alert on reboot?

Archived