new user and having z-wave connection problem

Have just set up the new controller ISY994IZW+IRPRO and am trying to link to a GE z-wave switch 14291 and am not having any success.

Following the directions I did the factory reset of the dongle because this is the first z-wave device, selected the add the z-wave device,  the window opens but it does not see the switch... I have factory reset the GE switch many times , any suggestions on what else to try?

10 minutes ago, Chris.e said:

Have just set up the new controller ISY994IZW+IRPRO and am trying to link to a GE z-wave switch 14291 and am not having any success.

Following the directions I did the factory reset of the dongle because this is the first z-wave device, selected the add the z-wave device,  the window opens but it does not see the switch... I have factory reset the GE switch many times , any suggestions on what else to try?

Is this a new switch or did you use another z-wave controller before this?  Did you exclude the switch from the other controller?  If new you should exclude it anyways first just to clear it.  Then did you put the switch into include mode to add it to the ISY?  How far away (distance) is the switch from the ISY?

This is a new switch that has not been attached to any other controller.  I tried to exclude it using the ISY but it does not see it.  I did follow the instructions to put the switch  into pairing mode but it is not reacting the way the instructions say it should ( blue light is not flashing) I am beginning to think that the switch is not working correctly.  The ISY is about 5 feet from the switch.

3 minutes ago, Chris.e said:

This is a new switch that has not been attached to any other controller.  I tried to exclude it using the ISY but it does not see it.  I did follow the instructions to put the switch  into pairing mode but it is not reacting the way the instructions say it should ( blue light is not flashing) I am beginning to think that the switch is not working correctly.  The ISY is about 5 feet from the switch.

Re-check the exclude process and do another exclude and then verify the include process.  Sometimes devices are finicky about going into include mode.  If the switch itself is not flashing or showing the LED like it's supposed to then likely it's not listening to be included.

Figured it out after spending time on the phone with GE customer service,  the reset process of tapping the switch 3 times up and then 3 times down is finicky to say the least.  Customer service told me to keep trying it till it worked and after 10 minutes got the switch to do a factory reset.  Once that was done the ISY found it no problem

Thanks for all of the quick replies!!  

12 minutes ago, Chris.e said:

Figured it out after spending time on the phone with GE customer service,  the reset process of tapping the switch 3 times up and then 3 times down is finicky to say the least.  Customer service told me to keep trying it till it worked and after 10 minutes got the switch to do a factory reset.  Once that was done the ISY found it no problem

Thanks for all of the quick replies!!  

Yeah... fun with z-wave switches... and each vendor has their own secret handshake for include/exclude and some even have a different process for different models!!! :) Yay z-wave go.... ;)

Archived