Insteon hub to ISY

If I am changing many switches to ISY, do I need to factory reset every switch before I add to ISY. I prefer to do some at a time so some old switches will work until all done. However after factory resetting some keypads that I added to ISY they still are sending signals to switches still left alone. Note I programmed everything with houselinc. 

4 hours ago, scott20 said:

If I am changing many switches to ISY, do I need to factory reset every switch before I add to ISY.

The answer is complicated, but as larryllix suggests it's better to factory reset all devices at once.  Even if you managed to keep all the linking straight and delete some links while keeping others, so that the devices worked they you wanted, you won't be to see the status of a device from the ISY until you actually add it to the ISY.  Once you add a device to the ISY it is very important that the ISY know about all the links within the device, and the only way the ISY can know that is if it created those links.

It is really easy to link devices within the ISY.  No programming is required.  You simply create a SCENE and then drag and drop devices into the scene, indicating which device(s) should be a controller and which should be responders.  You can literally link a keypad to 10 devices in seconds.

If you want to add devices in batches, you can do that.  Just identify groups of devices that share linking; factory reset all those devices; add all those devices to the ISY.  Repeat as necessary.

Archived