Polisy install Node Server via SSH

Javi

Are there  detailed instructions on installing a node server from a git repo via SSH to the Polisy? 

I have cloned a fork of the Notification NS to /var/polyglot/nodeservers and have run install.sh.  The Node server appears in Register New Node Server and can be added but will never start.

Log

2020-3-1 23:58:23 [polyglot] info: Notification(3): Attempting to install Notification NodeServer into ISY.
2020-3-1 23:58:23 [polyglot] info: Notification(3): Installed into ISY sucessfully. Profile uploaded, restart Admin console.
2020-3-1 23:58:23 [polyglot] info: Registered new local NodeServer: Notification(3)
2020-3-1 23:58:23 [polyglot] info: Waiting 10 seconds before starting Notification for the first time.
2020-3-1 23:58:33 [polyglot] info: NS: Starting Local NodeServer Notification profile number 3 :: Version 0.1.8
2020-3-1 23:58:35 [polyglot] error: NSChild STDERR: Notification: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./notification-poly.py", line 6, in <module>
    import polyinterface
  File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/polyinterface/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .polyinterface import Interface, Node, Controller, LOGGER, unload_interface, get_network_interface
  File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 83, in <module>
    LOGGER = setup_log()
  File "/var/polyglot/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 59, in setup_log
    os.makedirs('./logs')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 221, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: './logs'

2020-3-1 23:58:35 [polyglot] info: Notification(3): NodeServer Disconnected.

I had to figure this out to install a custom lifx and the Pentair pool node server that is not in the store

this quote from XKing should get u going

Sure, become polyglot user first (it will ask for admin's password)

sudo -u polyglot -s

then 

mkdir ~/lifxtest
cd ~/lifxtest
git clone https://github.com/exking/lifxlan.git

Thanks guys,

I was able to change the user of the dir to polyglot from root which allowed the node server to run.  I am still having a few issues, but the NS is running which should allow me to locate any other problems. 

One other question: Is it safe to delete the directories in the polyglot/nodeserver for a NS which I am not using?

Archived