ISY 99i -> PLM still not working

jcleek

I have an ISY-991 and a PLM 2412S. Previously it was determined that I had a bad PLM so I exchanged it. I have a new PLM now and trying to set up the 99i. However, the RX light on the 99i is STILL solid which, according to the documentation, means the ISY can not see the PLM. And as before I still get no popup dialog from the START LINKING button on the java interface.

The light on the PLM is lit solid. pressing and holding the button for any length of time does nothing.

The power and RX lights on the ISY are solid

I tried to reset the PLM by unplugging for 10 seconds, then plugging back in holding the set button for 3 seconds and releasing. Nothing.

So I am on the phone again with SmartHome... They are now shipping me a new 99i and PLM. Not inspiring confidence....

I assume you've tried a different Cat5 cable between the ISY and PLM to ensure it's not defective?

If you feel comfortable, you can try using a small screwdriver to pull down the pins on the PLM's RJ-45 connector a bit. We have seen instances where the cable is not making good contact with the PLM's connector.

Hi, I sympathize with you. I also went through 2 PLM's and had numerous problems. Smarthome tech support, in my humble opinion, is good at exchanging products rather than solving problems. Universal Devices was very responsive to my problem. Michel worked tirelessly and finally found that Avast Antivirus software was causing most of my problems. Try disabling your antivirus and if that doesn't work ask for Michel. Good Luck!

I hate to say this but this is exactly what just happened to me. Smarthome sent a new ISY and PLM and now everything works again.

You will be ok when your new stuff arrives. So far so good on my second ISY but it's only been 24 hours. That said, not many posts with similar problems related to what happened to us so it's probably a freak thing. Let's hope.

I assume you've tried a different Cat5 cable between the ISY and PLM to ensure it's not defective?

If you feel comfortable, you can try using a small screwdriver to pull down the pins on the PLM's RJ-45 connector a bit. We have seen instances where the cable is not making good contact with the PLM's connector.

Thanks Mike. I did try a few cables. I even pulled out my cable tester to make sure they weren't defective. I have tried to adjust the connector and it made no difference. Remember, I cannot get the PLM to reset either. The light on it is solid and no amount of button holding changes that.

I typically hold the SET button in for a good 10 seconds when plugging back in to do a factory reset, but yeah - even after 3 seconds the LED blanks out here when I release. Another bad PLM?

Hope your replacements arrive soon.

Interestingingly enough, we had the EXACT same issues! I could not reset my PLM either no matter how much I tried to follow the directions. My PLM was v. 3.1 Now, i had another PLM lying around but at v. 2.9. That would not reset either and that did not fix the ISY either - leading me to believe it was, in fact, the ISY that was the problem. Regardless, I replaced both and now its all good.

While we have/had the exact same issue, I still think its a freak thing and a rarety. My problem now is that we are so used to the ISY and KPLs in our house (only 30 days into a full install) that we cant go back!!!! So I hope all is good well into the future.

I typically hold the SET button in for a good 10 seconds when plugging back in to do a factory reset

Good to know that it will still reset if you hold too long. I tried that, at one point holding the button for a 30 seconds just to see if I could get it to do anything different. The light never flashed, just stayed on solid.