No Lights on ISY

smokegrub

In the meantime, perhaps you can "borrow" one from some other device -- the ISY is very tolerant of input voltage, and will easily accept a 12v wall wart if you don't have one that matches the factory-provided one.  As for the current draw, anything rated at or above the amperage of the original one will suffice - but if your replacement candidate is only slightly lower, I'd give it a try rather than living without the ISY for a while!

(Amazon would have been my go-to for a replacement, 2 days at most -- but now tech purchases are showing huge shipping delays, so I'd scrounge around for something I could "borrow"... might be a long wait from any online supplier...)

2 hours ago, smokegrub said:

Gotcha! I will order one now. Please accept my thanks.

You done know how much you rteply on your home automation until it is no longer there!

This would be a good time to invest in a small quality UPS for the system. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:49 PM, apostolakisl said:

I would consider a 12v UPS.  Standard UPS goes from AC to DC, back to AC, then your wall wart goes back to DC.  12V UPS goes AC to DC then done.  It also means you don't need a new wall wart.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WLD32RP/?coliid=I3TR56MLH2SZLS&colid=26A7L23SNB5ML&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for this!  My ISY is not near my UPS so I've been wanted to get a small one for that closet and this was perfect!  Powers the little Ethernet switch, CAO Wireless Tag Manager, and ISY. Three wall warts put in spare parts bin :)

On 4/4/2020 at 9:37 PM, Jimbo said:

Thanks for this!  My ISY is not near my UPS so I've been wanted to get a small one for that closet and this was perfect!  Powers the little Ethernet switch, CAO Wireless Tag Manager, and ISY. Three wall warts put in spare parts bin :)

Glad to help.  I haven't used this model and hope it meets specs.  The one I have is quite old, big and bulky, isn't sold anymore, and uses the standard lead-acid batteries which I have replaced at least once.  This li-ion model looks great by the numbers.  Should be able to keep an ISY running for hours.  I believe ISY uses about 7 watts, so 98wh theoretically is more than 12 hours.  Not sure if the li-ion batteries are replaceable, at least without soldering.  The reviews have a consistent complaint about 12v output being less than 12v, but ISY shouldn't care with it's wide v range.

Archived