Duplicating command several times

legalguy

I would like to send a command to a scene or individually to a list of devices - but would like the command repeated two or three times. The reason is sometimes a command does not appear to reach the device.

How would I schedule a command and then repeat it several times over the next 10 minutes?

Thanks

The ISY actually has a Repeat command.

From the Wiki:

Action

The "Action" button adds the action information in the ‘Then’ and ‘Else’ section of the program. It is defines the action taken after the condition is met or the trigger occurs.

An Action can be setting a device to a defined state that is ON/OFF or set level. The type of Action is dependent on the device type. The two types of device Actions that are supported are INSTEON or Send X10 .

Besides setting a device, an Action can also be used to:

Repeat for a specified period or for a set number of times. Action statements following the Repeat action are indented. They will be repeated per the specified period or the set number of times.

Note: To break a Repeat sequence, add a "Repeat 1 times". Actions after this Repeat will only run once (that is to say, they won't repeat at all). This is useful when you want some Actions repeated, but then want to continue on with more Actions that should not be repeated.

Note: The Repeat and Wait actions have a "Random" option. This is set by selecting the Random check box. A Random value from 1 to the entered value will be randomly chosen each time the action is run.

So you could say Repeat 3 times, then turn a device or scene on, then wait 3 or 4 minutes, and the ISY would execute the action and the wait time 3 times.

No, if you use Repeat Every xx:xx:xx, it'll continue to repeat at that interval until the trigger condition is no longer true.

Instead, use something like this:

If
       Control 'Motion Sensor Entry' is switched On

Then
       Repeat 3 times
          Set 'Dimmer A' On
          Set Scene 'Scene A' On
          Wait  2 minutes
       Repeat 1 times
          Set 'Dimmer A' Off
          Set Scene 'Scene A' Off 

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

In this example, the program would send a direct command to 'Dimmer A' On, would set Scene A On, would wait 2 minutes, send the commands again, wait 2 minutes, send the commands again, wait 2 minutes, then turn every thing off and end the program.

Hmmm. Now I have a question.

Sometimes when I use a KPL or set a swichlink to run a program on a double click, etc, it seems the KPL 'hears the trigger' but the resulting program may not always reach all of the intended devices. I'll keep working on the noise and signal absorbtion issues (I already have 8 filterlinks. Sheesh). In the meantime, for the program action, I have been using the 'wait' command with a timing value of 2 or 3 seconds and then I have it run the same action again. So in essence the program runs twice to set the scene every time just in case it did not hear it the first time. So in real life, sometimes the scene response is immediate and once in a while it's delayed 2 seconds. That's when I know the second action did it.

This seems to work. Should I use repeat instead? Can repeat be set for 2 or 3 seconds? Which way would be better?

Thanks.

Adam

Sent from my iPhone