Replace InLineLinc Relay with SwitchLinc Relay

mike123456789

I had an InLineLinc Relay go bad on me... The only Insteon device I have that is barely accessible up in the attic (read: pain in the *** to get to)... either way, I didn't have a spare InLineLinc Relay on me (does anyone??), but I did have a SwitchLinc Relay. I needed to change it out and couldn't wait for a replacement to come (it was for the bedroom ceiling fan and I am too cheap to turn on AC).

When I went to use the replace function after I had set it up for the ISY, it didn't give me the option of my SwitchLinc Relay, only my OutletLincs...

Anyways, it was kind of annoying to have to delete the old one and then redo all of the scenes and programs that control this device....

Why restrict what can replace what (unless the devices aren't interchangeable - ex. IO for my InLineLinc)???

Just a thought for future releases...

Mike

Hello Mike,

SwitchLinc Relays are a controller as well as a responder. Devices can only be replaced with like devices (controller/responder, relay/dimmer, etc.) so the option is not shown.

Rand

I had an InLineLinc Relay go bad on me... The only Insteon device I have that is barely accessible up in the attic (read: pain in the *** to get to)... either way, I didn't have a spare InLineLinc Relay on me (does anyone??), but I did have a SwitchLinc Relay. I needed to change it out and couldn't wait for a replacement to come (it was for the bedroom ceiling fan and I am too cheap to turn on AC).

When I went to use the replace function after I had set it up for the ISY, it didn't give me the option of my SwitchLinc Relay, only my OutletLincs...

Anyways, it was kind of annoying to have to delete the old one and then redo all of the scenes and programs that control this device....

Why restrict what can replace what (unless the devices aren't interchangeable - ex. IO for my InLineLinc)???

Just a thought for future releases...

Mike

Archived