Best way to troubleshoot POLISY connection?

Blackbird

When I close my bedroom door, my ecobee sets the temp down.  The last couple nights it hasnt worked.  I checked the Polisy and ecobee says its connected but in the ISY the Ecobee is not displaying an accurate temp.  How do I make sense of where the trouble is with the polisy?  I clicked restart on the Ecobee poly and that seemed to work.  What causes this?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

When I close my bedroom door, my ecobee sets the temp down.  The last couple nights it hasnt worked.  I checked the Polisy and ecobee says its connected but in the ISY the Ecobee is not displaying an accurate temp.  How do I make sense of where the trouble is with the polisy?  I clicked restart on the Ecobee poly and that seemed to work.  What causes this?

Thanks

Just a notion with trying to fix some of my own odd snags..

Did you have a power outage a few days ago?
How many devices does your router report are connected when you open it's webpage?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's discussed here https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/25016-polyglot-nodeserver-monitoring/
The nodes sends a DON/DOF to the controller node every longpoll.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Jimbo. I have gone over the topic (your link above) and it refreshed my memory.  I have simple programs that alert me when one of my nodeservers are off line. This rarely happens and in fact almost exclusively when I restart the nodeserver in the Polisy Dashboard after an update. The only sensitive nodeserver, for me, is Google Holidays as this controls my wake-up programs. Thankfully this nodeserver is solid. Thanks again for your support.

Archived