Fan support

4 minutes ago, larryllix said:

While they are connected they do not do it. When they are not connected GH speakers become little broadcasters and put out their own WiFi signal and SSID so their app can find them and connect to them for configuration.

So, that is what I don't understand. It appears that my GH are always connected (or at least it seems so) while your GH are not always connected. Could it be that your 'melangerie' of routers cause this ?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, asbril said:

So, that is what I don't understand. It appears that my GH are always connected (or at least it seems so) while your GH are not always connected. Could it be that your 'melangerie' of routers cause this ?

GH speakers do not use the WiFi signal to determine if they are connected. They use a response to their ping signal to their server. While it is a more complete test of integrity, any hiccough in a router, LAN, ISP, Internet, DNS server, or GH server, causes them to rebroadcast their own WiFi SSID signal so they can be setup from an app, assuming they can't connect using their existing preset security. More stupid Google AI attempts.

Sometimes my routers can cause this by changing them over to routers or another band WiFi2.4, WiFi5, or WiFi6, or just cutting them off from connecting for some reason. There are many points of failure possible using GHs method. Although it is a complete and thorough test of function, the failure response is a terrible one, automatically throwing out more WiFi signals to jam what may be still working. This is not playing well with the other children, although it hasn't locked my system out yet, that I know of.  I have just seen half a dozen new SSIDs pop up with all the same GHname.O style SSID  insignias.