Setup New ISY with No Internet

cam

I just purchased a new ISY for my cabin.  I have one at home...  at my cabin, I have no Internet connection yet and I’m trying to launch the ISY Launcher and the admin.jnlp tool but neither work because they appear to want to download something from the Internet.  Is there any way to download the admin console directly from the ISY?  Alternatively, I could take my laptop to a nearby WiFi and download the admin console as long as when I go back to cabin I can launch the admin console and access the ISY...  I do have a router and WiFi at cabin but no Internet yet.

58 minutes ago, cam said:

I just purchased a new ISY for my cabin.  I have one at home...  at my cabin, I have no Internet connection yet and I’m trying to launch the ISY Launcher and the admin.jnlp tool but neither work because they appear to want to download something from the Internet.  Is there any way to download the admin console directly from the ISY?  Alternatively, I could take my laptop to a nearby WiFi and download the admin console as long as when I go back to cabin I can launch the admin console and access the ISY...  I do have a router and WiFi at cabin but no Internet yet.

ISY Launcher is a strictly  cloud service but the java app admin.jnlp should work without it. Maybe make sure your ISY had permission under the java security tab.

The jnlp file when launched doesn’t work without Internet access either...  how on earth can I launch the admin console without access to the Internet?  I have a WiFi router that my MacBook and ISY are connected too and I know my ISY IP address.

7 hours ago, cam said:

The jnlp file when launched doesn’t work without Internet access either...  how on earth can I launch the admin console without access to the Internet?  I have a WiFi router that my MacBook and ISY are connected too and I know my ISY IP address.

What are you using to lock down your ISY's IP address?

Since your isy will be wired and your client is wifi. Have you checked that your isy and client are on the same ip network?

It could be that your wifi router is blocking access to your wired network.

Have you tried pinging the isy from your client?

Have you tried http or https from your client to the isy?

If that fails. Can your client connect with an Ethernet wire to your router?

What error messages are you seeing?

• 10 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, cam said:

Hi cam. I'm reviving this thread, if that's OK. I'm in the same boat, i.e. I want to configure the ISY without an Internet connection. Did you ever get this one figured out?

I also have an ISY at a cabin with no internet access and it is possible.  

Have you tried downloading the java app directly from the isy?  http://<isy ip address>/admin.jnlp  You should be able to run the downloaded admin.jnlp directly.

It's been a while since I've had to access it so I'm not sure that's right.

Also, can you get to the ISY by pointing your browser at the ip address?  That should bring up a page that lets you control stuff, but you can't configure.  It does have a link to the admin console, but I believe you have to have java enabled in the browser for that to work and most (all?) browsers have it disabled now.

Archived