Finishing the Autelis Pentair NodeServer

carealtor

On 2/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, palayman said:

Actually not looking for the ability to use values in conditions in programs.  Have a pool service that takes care of most things where I think values would be important. Mainly look for a way to bridge the Pentair controller to Google Home through the ISY so I can switch to spa mode and turn the lights on and off.

@carealtor has a good point, if you don't already own the Autelis device they are impossible to buy now.  

On the other hand, if you do own the Autelis device you can already do what you want to do fairly easily using network resources (assuming you have a portal account or own the networking module), it will just take a little time to set up initially.  And for that matter the un-plusblished node server linked above is capable of turning your devices on/off. 

So it all boils down to, do you already own the device?

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

@carealtor has a good point, if you don't already own the Autelis device they are impossible to buy now.  

On the other hand, if you do own the Autelis device you can already do what you want to do fairly easily using network resources (assuming you have a portal account or own the networking module), it will just take a little time to set up initially.  And for that matter the un-plusblished node server linked above is capable of turning your devices on/off. 

So it all boils down to, do you already own the device?

I don't own one right now.  So it looks like I'm SOL.  Are there other options that have a nodeserver?  Perhaps the Screenlogic interface?

• 1 month later...

Oh. My. Goodness.  Home Assistant just released a Pentair ScreenLogic integration.  No extra hardware needed to access the bus, so no Autelis or RPI needed.  I had it up and working in less than a minute.  Everything I have read in the past basically said the ScreenLogic could not be accessed directly, but someone evidently cracked it.

11 hours ago, carealtor said:

Oh. My. Goodness.  Home Assistant just released a Pentair ScreenLogic integration.  No extra hardware needed to access the bus, so no Autelis or RPI needed.  I had it up and working in less than a minute.  Everything I have read in the past basically said the ScreenLogic could not be accessed directly, but someone evidently cracked it.

I saw that in the release notes, but I haven't upgraded yet.  I am curious how they achieved it given the setup instructions require nothing.

@carealtor  I didn't have as good of luck as you.  I've updated, added the integration.  it found my screenlogic interface and I selected it (correct pentair: address), but I have no added entities that I can find.  I tried restarting HA, reloading the integration and restarting again.... of course looking for signs of additions on the overview tab and searching entities listings for Pentair.... nothing....   any ideas?

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

@carealtor  I didn't have as good of luck as you.  I've updated, added the integration.  it found my screenlogic interface and I selected it (correct pentair: address), but I have no added entities that I can find.  I tried restarting HA, reloading the integration and restarting again.... of course looking for signs of additions on the overview tab and searching entities listings for Pentair.... nothing....   any ideas?

Not really.  Literally the only thing I had to do was select my ScreenLogic from the "list".  I now have 1 device and 19 entities.  Does "Pentair" show on the integrations page with the rest of your installed integrations?

13 minutes ago, carealtor said:

Not really.  Literally the only thing I had to do was select my ScreenLogic from the "list".  I now have 1 device and 19 entities.  Does "Pentair" show on the integrations page with the rest of your installed integrations?

Ahha, a clue, but I don't know to what....

image.png.4cf524746d1a93c6f2bbea970ad55679.png

it shows up, with my correct pentair address, which I picked from the list.... but no "device and entity" count...

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

Ahha, a clue, but I don't know to what....

image.png.4cf524746d1a93c6f2bbea970ad55679.png

it shows up, with my correct pentair address, which I picked from the list.... but no "device and entity" count...

Definitely something wrong.  Did you try the Reload under the 3 dots?

22 minutes ago, carealtor said:

Definitely something wrong.  Did you try the Reload under the 3 dots?

Yea, more than once... I even tried deleting and re-tantalizing.  There are errors in the log i discovered, but I don't know what they mean.  I posted on the HA community but no one has replied yet... 

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/pentair-integration-errors/297742

On 4/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, MrBill said:

Yea, more than once... I even tried deleting and re-tantalizing.  There are errors in the log i discovered, but I don't know what they mean.  I posted on the HA community but no one has replied yet... 

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/pentair-integration-errors/297742

Did you get this working?  It looks like your post on HA is gone.

10 hours ago, carealtor said:

Did you get this working?  It looks like your post on HA is gone.

I ended up in Discord chat, and got no help there either, so I deleted the otherwise empty forum thread and opened an issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/49065

Turns out my model number wasn't included in a static list.  The made a change to the source code which basically allows any model number at the crash point.  Waiting on the change to push out which might not happen until May (it seems like they do 1 release per month followed very quickly by 3 or 4 bug fix releases and then nothing until the first Wednesday of they next month.   Been looking for an article with steps to install that integration only from the dev branch but don't know how to do it.  Be interesting to see if that fixes, or if I have to open another issue to find all the hardware.

Archived