Problems With Setup of Portal with Two ISYs

smokegrub

I have two ISYs
The first is Chesapeake-last two letters in UID are 7f
The second is Wolf Creek-the last 2 leters in UID are a3
The profile for Chesapeake is XXXXXXXX@gmail.com
The profile for Wolf Creek is xxxxx@suddenlink.net
In the profile view if I switch my preferred ISY from Chesapeake (7f) to Wolf Creek (a3) the email address stays the same for both views.
The Users view was incorrect so I changed it to display the correct User Name and Preferred ISY.
In the Alexa Accounts both ISYs display the devices for 7f and ae merged. I have tried deleting and enabling the skill (ISY Optimized...) for each and the result is the same.
I believe the problem(s) are in the setup of the Portal.
Help will be appreciated.

When I had two properties with an ISY at each location, I found it much easier and less complicated to have a separate portal account for each ISY as well as a separate Amazon account for each. I had an echo device in property A linked to property B and an Echo device in property B linked to property A. It worked very well.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:13 PM, smokegrub said:

I have two ISYs
The first is Chesapeake-last two letters in UID are 7f
The second is Wolf Creek-the last 2 leters in UID are a3
The profile for Chesapeake is XXXXXXXX@gmail.com
The profile for Wolf Creek is xxxxx@suddenlink.net
In the profile view if I switch my preferred ISY from Chesapeake (7f) to Wolf Creek (a3) the email address stays the same for both views.
The Users view was incorrect so I changed it to display the correct User Name and Preferred ISY.
In the Alexa Accounts both ISYs display the devices for 7f and ae merged. I have tried deleting and enabling the skill (ISY Optimized...) for each and the result is the same.
I believe the problem(s) are in the setup of the Portal.
Help will be appreciated.

Please login to ISY Portal using XXXXXXXX@gmail.com

Click on "My Profile" on the top right. You should see your preferred ISY, among other things. On this dialog, make sure that "Amazon Echo and Google Home ISY:" is set to "Use preferred ISY".

Repeat the above for xxxxx@suddenlink.net.

This setting can also be set to "Use all ISY's in the account". This setting is used for those customers that have 2 ISYs in the same facility and wants to have Alexa devices from both ISYs. I think this may be your problem.

Benoit

Thanks, Benoit. I have been working with Brad McAdams via a ticket. We left the issue yesterday with him doing more research with your technical folks. The only thing I have seen that may be a part of the problem is that I use the same password for both accounts.

Thinking that the fact that both or my accounts had the same password might have caused the Wolf Creek account to display devices from both accounts I changed the password for the Wolf Creek account in the Portal. Then, I changed the password in the Wolf Creek Alexa account to match the password in the Portal. I then disabled/enabled the skill in the Alexa account. All the devices still appeared in the Wolf Creek account. I am at a loss! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived