DavisWeather instructions

TriLife

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

@TriLife You're running on a RPi ro Polisy though, right?  That's what it was designed to work with, it wasn't designed to work on the Polyglot Cloud (PGC) service.

When I started it, I just copied all the files from one of my other node servers and I guess I picked one that was designed to work on PGC so it had the cloud install as part of the package.  That made it show up in the PGC store along with the regular Polyglot store.

There are differences in the API used by local Polyglot and the cloud based Polyglot and the node server has to be able to support both API's. @gldixon is using the cloud based Polyglot and that's why it's failing.

Yes, running on Polisy.

Thanks for the clarification...

18 hours ago, bpwwer said:

@TriLife You're running on a RPi ro Polisy though, right?  That's what it was designed to work with, it wasn't designed to work on the Polyglot Cloud (PGC) service.

When I started it, I just copied all the files from one of my other node servers and I guess I picked one that was designed to work on PGC so it had the cloud install as part of the package.  That made it show up in the PGC store along with the regular Polyglot store.

There are differences in the API used by local Polyglot and the cloud based Polyglot and the node server has to be able to support both API's. @gldixon is using the cloud based Polyglot and that's why it's failing.

So I believe then @bpwwer that it will run on a local Polisy directly? Or do I need another server behind the Polisy such as @TriLife has with the RPi?

29 minutes ago, gldixon said:

So I believe then @bpwwer that it will run on a local Polisy directly? Or do I need another server behind the Polisy such as @TriLife has with the RPi?

Good morning.

I only have a Polisy running, no RPi backup. As of now, Davis Weather and MQTT running on Polisy just fine.

13 hours ago, Ross said:

Bob,

It stopped again at 6:15:46 (4th line down).

Per your request, attached is the log.

Thanks,

Ross

Thanks.  I see the problem, I was trying to log the error and used the request response which caused another failure.   Version 1.0.5 should fix this.

Archived