Insteon 2477D

JLOB

I, apparently against better judgement, bought a "new, in  box" Insteon 2477D switch.  Everything was there, despite the fact that the box had been opened and torn, with the exception of a little label called "unique Insteon address"!  Since I've never encountered this situation before, I bow before the experts and humbly ask...   "Is there a way to determine the address of an Insteon 2477D switch if the label is missing?  I'm quite prepared to learn that there is not.

Thanks for listening.

JLOB

I, apparently against better judgement, bought a "new, in  box" Insteon 2477D switch.  Everything was there, despite the fact that the box had been opened and torn, with the exception of a little label called "unique Insteon address"!  Since I've never encountered this situation before, I bow before the experts and humbly ask...   "Is there a way to determine the address of an Insteon 2477D switch if the label is missing?  I'm quite prepared to learn that there is not.

Thanks for listening.

JLOB

Start process of adding device to ISY. When you press and hold button it will pop

up in add device dialogue box. Make sure to check delete existing links.

I have a cut off extension cord with wire nuts that I connect switches to ISY so It’s near PC before moving them to final location. Make sure to trace hot and neutral from extension cord plug so you get them correct on switch wiring. The wider plug is neutral.

Well there is  one other way. I had to use on a 2430 ControLinc II tabletop module. As it is so old it didn't respond to a Start Linking.

Also some of the  of the Insteon modules they took the Insteon labels off relabeled with a X10 reference label and  sold as X10 replacements. During X10's Bankruptcy and the time the  new owners got product going again.

Manually link it with the 2477D's Set Button to another module you have in your setup.

Then do a Show Devices Links Table and Compare. On the module you manually linked the 2477D to. The extra link that the ISY994i does not know. Will be the address of the 2477D.

Then you would have to remove the 2477D from the module. Manually or I believe if you do a Restore Device on the module you tested with. Will rewrite only the links it knows about .

I did it slightly different. I added a new module to the setup and then manually linked the unknown  device. Then a Show Devices Link Table and a compare.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:32 PM, Brian H said:

Well there is  one other way. I had to use on a 2430 ControLinc II tabletop module. As it is so old it didn't respond to a Start Linking.

Also some of the  of the Insteon modules they took the Insteon labels off relabeled with a X10 reference label and  sold as X10 replacements. During X10's Bankruptcy and the time the  new owners got product going again.

Manually link it with the 2477D's Set Button to another module you have in your setup.

Then do a Show Devices Links Table and Compare. On the module you manually linked the 2477D to. The extra link that the ISY994i does not know. Will be the address of the 2477D.

Then you would have to remove the 2477D from the module. Manually or I believe if you do a Restore Device on the module you tested with. Will rewrite only the links it knows about .

I did it slightly different. I added a new module to the setup and then manually linked the unknown  device. Then a Show Devices Link Table and a compare.

Is this "Show Devices Link Table" an Insteon command?  I don't have an Insteon controller.  I just have the 994I!

Thanks.

JLOB

ISY994i Administrative Console.

Tools. Diagnostics. Show devices Link Table. Pick the module you manually added the 2477D. After the modules  link table is read. Use the compare tab on the links display screen. It should show the link the ISY994i did not know about.

Archived