ISY, HomeKit, and Insteon garage door suggestions?

Big Tall JV

Hi,

So I have my ISY and raspberry pi HomeKit working well. Yesterday I installed the Insteon garage door opener and ran into some problems with how I wanted to use it.  The sensor comes up as “not supported yet” in the HomeKit app and even if I add it to a scene it doesn’t report status correctly. 

In my home app I would like to see if the door is Open or Closed based on that sensor.  Any suggestions on how to do that with the supported limitations?

What’s a good way to configure the relay?  I thinks it’s a momentary press to open and close so it can’t really show a status there.   

I can almost see ways to do this with programs where it can look at the sensor and set the switch status but I haven’t tried it yet.  I was wondering if anybody else had before I try to reinvent the wheel again. 

also any suggestions on how to make it so I can say to Siri “open garage door” or “close garage door”. Right now it works if I say “turn garage door on” but from earlier I don’t have status.  

thanks

jason

There's two homebridge ISY plugins; homebridge-isy-js which is no longer developed and the for homebridge-isy which is actively developed but is lacking some features that exist on isy-js. Personally I think they will always be lacking. Both of the plug-ins seem to have a tough time with i/o linc garage door openers. I ended up ditching the i/o linc stuff and went with the MyQ module and direct integration to homekit and polyglot to manage the ISY integration. 

Archived