Insteon Thermostat setting variables from temp

LFMc

Hi All,

I was hoping to find an easy way to do this, but I have not found it.

I need to enter a value into an ISY (v 4.7.5) variable with the Insteon 2441TH set point temp and the current temperature. Also I would like to direct set the thermostat's set point from a variable. 

I have found no way to put the temps into a variable. I can put the thermostat into a known/fixed set point and then increase or decrease the temp in one degree increments accordingly, but I have found that the thermostat occasionally doesn't respond to the up/down 1 degree command and I have no way of knowing that occurred. 

If anyone knows a way to make this happen, I would appreciate some insight. 

--Leon

31 minutes ago, LFMc said:

Hi All,

I need to enter a value into an ISY (v 4.7.5) variable with the Insteon 2441TH set point temp and the current temperature. Also I would like to direct set the thermostat's set point from a variable. 

I have found no way to put the temps into a variable. I can put the thermostat into a known/fixed set point and then increase or decrease the temp in one degree increments accordingly, but I have found that the thermostat occasionally doesn't respond to the up/down 1 degree command and I have no way of knowing that occurred. 

--Leon

1.JPG.aaf7f2a9afd8f1352539a46247303906.JPG

Every time the temperature (either the setting or actual) changes, it will update the variable.  

Hi All,
--Leon

You need v5 firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, LFMc said:

Hi All,

--Leon

You can do it in V4 with a series of programs...one for each degree that installs a value into the variable. Each program progressively tests for a higher value until one either becomes true, or calls the next program in the chain.

I suggest getting V5 instead.

8 hours ago, larryllix said:

I suggest getting V5 instead.

OK, I guess I have been waiting for a good reason (for me) to switch to V5, this may be it. 

9 hours ago, blueman2 said:

I have been on V5 for so many years, I forgot!

Lol. Nice way of suggesting I catch up with the times.  (-;

Thanks all!

2 hours ago, LFMc said:

OK, I guess I have been waiting for a good reason (for me) to switch to V5, this may be it. 

Lol. Nice way of suggesting I catch up with the times.  (-;

Thanks all!

You won't regret it. Very few have had problems upgrading. You may like the decimal values available with v5 and many other features I take for granted now. Programs with conversion problems will have yellow avatars and line will be commented by the conversion. You will need to check your Insteon scenes as some of those may have hidden problems. I use as few scenes as possible, for other reasons so I wasn't bothered by scenes three years ago when I went to v5.0.0.

backup...backup...backup! Just in case.

Archived