Not communicating to ToggleLinc. Noise Suppression??

fegelmej

Have a fairly extensive Insteon installation.  Over the kitchen sink there are three Low Voltage Halogen bulbs, controlled by ToggleLinc.  Had been very stable for over three years.  I have a noise filter between the load and the Insteon Switch.  Now, communications between ISY and ToggleLinc is corrupt.  ISY cannot control, but it does query and reads acurately, but when given signal to fast on, etc, I get the cannot commuicate warning.  Query, and things clear themselves.  I'm thinking the noise suppressor has gone down, but looking for suggestions.  Do noise suppressors fail in three years??

Thanks in advance.

If you test it with the load {strip and filter} disconnected. Can you communicate with it better?

Have any new electronic devices added or an existing electronic device moved in the home around the time this started? I have seen a troubleshooting tutorial showing how a phone charger made so much line noise. It practically killed communications.

What type of noise filter is it? Many filters will absorb the Insteon power line signals if not designed to be used with automation communications. Do you have the brand and model number of the filter?

Is the ToggleLinc a Dimmer or On/Off relay model and are the LED Strips rated to be on a dimmer if the ToggleLinc is a dimmer type?

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response.  To be clear: ToggleLinc Dimmer.  3x50 watt dimmable halogen bulbs running post transformer at 12V.  A Leviton 5 Amp block noise suppressor 6287between line and transformer.  This arrangement had been very stable for over three years.  I placed the noise suppressor because I was having a similar issue to now at first install.  That's why I'm focusing on the suppressor.

Taking the Leviton out of circuit there is no improvement in communication.  ISY will query accurately, but will not send instructions, or more likely instructions are not being received.

Archived