Executing a disabled IF

Xathros

Lets say I have a program that monitors the status of a lamp module, AND has a From-To timeframe but I only want it to run and evaluate the IF when called by another program and not any old time that the IF conditions are true.

Can I simply disable the program and run(if) from another program to exec when needed or do I need to enable it and bury it in a folder with a permanently false condition on the folder ?

Does calling a disabled program ie: Run(if) override the disabled flag ?

I hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance.

-X

Hi Xathros,

Your question makes perfect sense, and you are correct; you simply disable the program you and use Run (If). We've been considering renaming "Is enabled" to "Automatically triggered" to more accurately describe what that flag does.

Lets say I have a program that monitors the status of a lamp module, AND has a From-To timeframe but I only want it to run and evaluate the IF when called by another program and not any old time that the IF conditions are true.

Can I simply disable the program and run(if) from another program to exec when needed or do I need to enable it and bury it in a folder with a permanently false condition on the folder ?

Does calling a disabled program ie: Run(if) override the disabled flag ?

I hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance.

-X

Excellent. This is what I was hoping for. I assume the folder method would also work but for this task I like the disabled program idea better.

Thanks.

-X

Archived