MobiLinc v2.07 & latest firmware 5.0.16c or 5.30 on iSY994i with upgrade of Z-Wave 500 series card

JTejera

Hello everyone,

Just looking for some shared experience with anyone on latest firmware upgrade and hardware daughter card series 500 card for Z-Wave.

Instructions and warnings on the daunting tasks to upgrade from version 4.62 or 4.75 or 4.80 talk alot about complex steps.  But I've not seen any info on Mobilinc v2.07 (earlier ver) on whether the app continues to work find after the several updates OR will also experience some bugs to live with OR need an app upgrade as well.

Has anyone upgraded from 4.X to 5.XX and also upgraded Z-Wave card/support ??? that also have mobilinc older version?  if so, how did that work? did you experience any working bugs OR had to reprogram your mobilinc or even upgrade to cloud version?

Any share is appreciated.

Thank you!

I have the 500 series Zwave card, use 5.3.1 and have Mobilinc Pro as well as Mobilinc X. I have been very disappointed by Mobilinc X and have not used it since a few days after purchasing it. I find Mobilinc Pro far more practical.

To answer your question, I just tried both Mobilinc Pro and X.  The latter (Mobilinc X) sees all my devices but did not respond to ON / OFF. Mobilinc Pro works.

HOWEVER, since about a month I have been using Home Assistant on a RPi and also subscribe to their $5/mo out-of-network access App, and now I hardly use Mobilinc anymore, because Home Assistant and its app are more convenient than Mobilinc.

thank you @asbril for the share.

I am also not a fan of mobilinc X for their subscription model.  I pref the older ver I payed for once and is free afterwards.

I heard of home assist and since I already had iSY994 for sometime, I did not what to roll into another integration for the basic automation and amount of devices I currently have.

I see the flexibility of home assist.  I am just not ready to flip into a subscription base service if not needed.  For what little I do, just don't want to fall behind on ISY upgrades to the point of no support or a mountain of steps to claim to next release versions.  That too would be more work that what is worth automating.

My true interest at the moment is to get the iSY 'electricity/demand' feature to work and report on electrical usage on devices.  And I am seeing pull/push options requiring additional hardware to set from some of the posts I read so far.  Seems a choice of Brultech GEM or Sense.com, which I continue to review past the firmware/hardware upgrade.

Thanks again :)

13 minutes ago, JTejera said:

thank you @asbril for the share.

I am also not a fan of mobilinc X for their subscription model.  I pref the older ver I payed for once and is free afterwards.

I heard of home assist and since I already had iSY994 for sometime, I did not what to roll into another integration for the basic automation and amount of devices I currently have.

I see the flexibility of home assist.  I am just not ready to flip into a subscription base service if not needed.  For what little I do, just don't want to fall behind on ISY upgrades to the point of no support or a mountain of steps to claim to next release versions.  That too would be more work that what is worth automating.

My true interest at the moment is to get the iSY 'electricity/demand' feature to work and report on electrical usage on devices.  And I am seeing pull/push options requiring additional hardware to set from some of the posts I read so far.  Seems a choice of Brultech GEM or Sense.com, which I continue to review past the firmware/hardware upgrade.

Thanks again :)

Understood. BTW I only use Home Assistant as front for ISY, and all my programs / automation remain on ISY, which is way more powerful for automation. You are not alone having an issue with subscriptions, but personally I dont mind  the $5/mo for Home Assistant.

I purchased the full Mobilinc Pro and X (one payment/ no subscription) and I have made good use out of Mobilinc Pro.  As mentioned before, purchasing X was a mistake.

Hi @JTejera

Wes from MobiLinc here.

I haven't seen any issues with MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML or MobiLinc X and the 5.3 firmware with our one-time purchase options (direct IP) or our MobiLinc Portal integration.

One thing you _may_ run into is with programs. The 4.x to 5.x migration completely changed how programs are structured. If you notice anything odd in MobiLinc after the migration, you can create a new profile in your older MobiLinc Pro app and sync cleanly with your upgraded 5.3 ISY to get things back into alignment if you run into any issues.

Wes

Archived