Replacing 2475D (in line dimmer) v 33 w/ v 44

Zellarman

My old in line dimmer (2475D) went bad, it couldn't be shut off. I physically replaced it with a new In Line Dimmer v 44 and added the new dimmer to the devices on my ISY. I am able to control the new dimmer through my ISY but it does not show up as an available device when selecting to replace the old In Line Dimmer V 33. Am I missing something or is this option not available between these two devices for some unfortunate reason?

2 minutes ago, Zellarman said:

My old in line dimmer (2475D) went bad, it couldn't be shut off. I physically replaced it with a new In Line Dimmer v 44 and added the new dimmer to the devices on my ISY. I am able to control the new dimmer through my ISY but it does not show up as an available device when selecting to replace the old In Line Dimmer V 33. Am I missing something or is this option not available between these two devices for some unfortunate reason?

are both devices are in the root folder?

Maybe it's just the way i'm reading your wording too but if you're on the new device choosing "replace device" that's backward.  You want to choose replace device on the OLD device and select the new device.  and as per the question above, both devices must be in the top or root folder and not in any folders you created for grouping.

MrBill - thanks for getting on this subject right away. I guess I wasn't clear, but yes I'm selecting the old device then replace with and the new in line dimmer isn't showing up., and they are both in the main "Devices" folder.

The ISY shows the lightbulb icon for the old dimmer and I guess it's a keypad (?) for the new one. Interestingly, when I select on the new in line dimmer in the ISY and then replace with - my lamp links show up as available devices. And vice versa, when I select any of my lamp links the new In Line Dimmer shows up as an available device for 'replace with' perhaps this is because of the addition of ON and OFF buttons to the In Line Dimmer?

Edited by Zellarman