R.I.P. ISY... What now..?

bipto

Woke up this morning to a cold house. Tried to log on to ISY to find out why she hadn't adjusted to the daytime temp (as she has done reliably every day now for years) but she didn't respond. When I went downstairs to check on her she didn't greet me with her usual flurry of activity lights, I saw only her power LED, very dimly-lit. Alas, I think ISY has died...

So what happens now..?  I will be purchasing a replacement this afternoon - do I need to purchase the EXACT model..? I DO have a recent backup and I was on v5 so I don't imagine there would be major migration issues... What about things like licensing, portal integration, etc.? How do I go about getting things "switched over"..?  Any other potential pitfalls I should be aware of..?

Thanks for helping me out during this difficult time...  

50 minutes ago, mwester said:

Replace the power supply first.  See the wiki for details -- it'll accept a range of voltages so you should be able to find something in the junk box.

Great suggestion, thanks!

Any idea what the ISY's current draw is..? I notice the ISY power supply is rated for 1A, but unfortunately the only junk drawer wall wart I have available to test is only rated for half that. I'm guessing that's not enough..?

1 hour ago, mwester said:

Replace the power supply first.  See the wiki for details -- it'll accept a range of voltages so you should be able to find something in the junk box.

52 minutes ago, bipto said:

Great suggestion, thanks!

Any idea what the ISY's current draw is..? I notice the ISY power supply is rated for 1A, but unfortunately the only junk drawer wall wart I have available to test is only rated for half that. I'm guessing that's not enough..?

Welp, never mind - I was able to borrow a 12V/3A supply from an external hard drive and ISY came to life!  Looks like I'll just be ordering a replacement power supply rather than an ISY - cheap and easy!

Thanks mwester?

• Like 5

There are other posts here with similar problems. Fixed with a new supply.

My original supply was a 5V .5 Amp. For one and 5V 1A for another one.

UDI sells a 12V 1A replacement supply on its sales site.

The ISY994i has a fairly wide DC input voltage range. 5V to 30V if memory serves me.