New Keypad 2334-2 replacement - Communication failed on scene test

smbenson

I had an old 2486D keypad fail so I replaced with a new one.  The old unit controls a lamplinc on the main on/off and 4 scenes of the entertainment room lights (different levels).  I had it set up for non-toggle and all 5 scenes include all the same switches/lamplinc and key pad buttons.  I replaced the keypad with a new 2334-2 keypad reconfigured into 6 button mode with 6 keys.  I added it to the isy 994i (4.9.0 firmware/4.9.0 UI) and used admin console to replace old keypad with new.  It all seemed fine in isy and the scenes will respond to the isy correctly, but any button push on the keypad (2-5) will not initiate any of the scenes.

I have done the following twice - remove all 5 scenes that work with the keypad.  Removed keypad in isy.  Check PLM links and all reference to keypad was removed so I know the PLM and ISY are communicating.  Add in keypad and rebuild all 5 scenes.  The only scene that works is the lamplinc/keypad 1 (on-off) that will turn on the lamplinc.  All the other scenes will turn on from the ISY, but not from the keypad button.  Also, the keypad doesn't want to go into non-toggle mode.  If I press a keypad (2-5) it will flash twice and then all the lights on the keypad will go off.  If I long press the keys (2, 3, 4, or 5) and release, the key will flash twice and then all lights will stay on like it should in non-toggle mode.  The scene test has given me failed communication for all the keypads and most of the switches involved in the scene.

Any ideas on fixing this type of issue?

Archived