guidance with switch issues

iowaj

After input here and help via ticket, I have replaced our ISY994i and PLM after a power outage issue. I restored from the most recent backup I have.  However, I have some switches that are not working now or are working but cannot communicate with.  A couple are on/off switches that control fans.  These are load switches that worked before and quit working after ISY and PLM replacement. Any suggestions? I see Insteon On/Off switches are not available and seem to have been discontinued. Any word on their status.  If all else, I will simply replace with a non programable paddle switch.   And if a switch is working, shouldn't I be able to delete from ISY and then add back to system, clearing any links in the switch as I do? I have attempted to do this via ISY but can't seem to get this to work. Thanks for any input! Hoping to possible sell this place soon, I am finding the lighting system to be a frustrating and expensive ordeal.

49 minutes ago, iowaj said:

After input here and help via ticket, I have replaced our ISY994i and PLM after a power outage issue. I restored from the most recent backup I have.  However, I have some switches that are not working now or are working but cannot communicate with.  A couple are on/off switches that control fans.  These are load switches that worked before and quit working after ISY and PLM replacement. Any suggestions? I see Insteon On/Off switches are not available and seem to have been discontinued. Any word on their status.  If all else, I will simply replace with a non programable paddle switch.   And if a switch is working, shouldn't I be able to delete from ISY and then add back to system, clearing any links in the switch as I do? I have attempted to do this via ISY but can't seem to get this to work. Thanks for any input! Hoping to possible sell this place soon, I am finding the lighting system to be a frustrating and expensive ordeal.

Did you try a "restore device" on the switches?

If so and they still don't work then you should try a factory reset on the device(s) then do a restore device.

It appears the the switches are not discontinued, just back ordered.

I did restore device and factory reset then restore but still not working. Weird thing is when you pull out the tab, which I thought shut off power to switch, the light on switch continues blinking green. These switches worked prior to ISY replacement. They just became available again this morning, but I’d rather not shell out $50 for them. :(

The Air Gap Switch activated by pulling the Set Button Out. Should kill the AC power Line into the switch.

Except the early versions of the Insteon 2476S or Icon 2876S switch that did not have an Air Gap Switch and required a completely different method to do a Factory Reset or yours got broken somehow.

Green LED sounds like a 2876S or 2876D Icon module. As they had either a Green or Amber LED.

Archived