ISY Alexa Portal Not Discovering Devices

stillen_i30

Have been using ISY with Alexa portal without issues for a few years until recently

If I add a new device, it does not show up in my Alexa app. This is even after adding the device/scene into the ISY portal

I am running V3 skill 

Every time I go to "discover devices" it keeps finding the same device I've had on the profile (and never removed/modified) over and over again as the only device. Things used to work great before...when I would add a device into the portal, it would immediately find it upon "Device discovery" and now, no longer.

Also, some devices that are not orphaned and are working fine with alexa voice commands are showing up on the alexa app as "unresponsive." Other devices are not doing this.

Something is up and I am not sure how to rectify. I have a bunch of routines in Alexa and hoping I don't have to disable the skill and "Forget All" to rebuild everything...especially if that isn't the best solution. Hoping someone has some ideas to try.

I am not sure whether this will help (my guess is that you have something more sinister going on here), but I have almost universally had to run the alexa discovery process TWICE eac time I try to add new devices.

I also think it might be worth mentioning...I recall a “refresh” button in the portal for alexa connectivity.  It might be worth a try.

Try using the Alexa web interface on a computer browser at https://alexa.amazon.com to clean up your devices and scenes (click "Smart Home" in the left column).  Delete any that are orphaned or delete all and rediscover.  I find this is much easier to do and to see what's there with the full computer browser interface... there is even a "Remove all" button at the bottom of the devices and scenes pages.

Thanks for the replies

I have tried discovering devices several times to no avail

I have been going thru to delete some orphaned stuff from the webpage (not the app) but despite this, even adding devices that I've had all along but never added to the myisy portal...i went in and added some of those devices as a test and then tried to "discover" them in alexa and they are not showing up. This was something that would show up right away in the past

Ok so figured this out...this one was a silly moment...Alexa app lists scenes separately from devices. Even though the device I was trying to control is just a single device, I added the scene with the same name into the ISY portal for alexa and did not realize alexa separates the scenes in a separate section so I never saw it there. Also, I apparently had it in there twice and that was why it was not working. 

Still baffled on why it discovers my "hallway lights" each and every time as a new device though...strange.

Archived