Fireplace I/O Linc Question

mgiron10

I am having a little bit of an issue with my Heatilator automation. 

- I have changed out my wall switch to a momentary switch

- Under my fireplace I patched the wires from the switch to go back to the IOLinc sense/ground inputs

- I connected the fireplace wires to the IoLinc No/Com inputs. 

- I have made both nodes Latching with a Momentary hold time of 10 seconds. 

My issues is that I can only turn off the fireplace with the momentary switch but not on.  I can turn on and off the fireplace from the Admin Console. Any suggestions? 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to let someone else give you IOlinc advice.... I don't use that item.   I also probably wouldn't have used the iolinc for the fireplace.   I typically just use a relay with a 120v coil and have a ON/OFF module turn the relay on or off.   At my house I wired the relay in parallel with the wall switch so that flipping the wall switch would still turn on the fireplace (since it's millivolt this provides means to turn the fireplace on during a power outage).  At my son's house his fireplace the fireplace won't work without AC power, so they chose to have me wire the relay in series so that they could use the wall switch as positive off during the summer etc).

You're program as written won't work using the IOlinc because you're using a momentary switch, but as I said I'll let someone else advise since I don't actually use that product.

By the way... the fastest way to paste programs into the forum is to click on the Program name, then Right click and choose Copy to clipboard.  then simply paste it (control-v on windows) into a forum message. 

good luck.

With @Brian H's comment, the two programs below should work.  If 'Fireplace-Sensor' shows up in the 'control' menu, I'd use that rather than Status for the first line of the If.

If

Status 'Fireplace-Sensor' is On

AND Status 'Fireplace-Relay' Off

Then 

Set 'Fireplace-Relay' On

Else 

(nothing)

If

Status 'Fireplace-Sensor' is On

AND Status 'Fireplace-Relay' On

Then 

Set 'Fireplace-Relay' Off