Pool pump control

mserrar

Hi,

I would like to have an automation for my pool pump (On/Off).

It is using a 220V/  15amp. Ideally I would like to use an insteon device since that's what I use everywhere at the house, but if there is another device that I can access with polyglot, it's ok too.

The best if I can avoid having to play again with wires and use something like the Insteon outdoor On/Off (but it's just for 120V), I am not sure if a device like that exists for 220V. The current connector is using a NEMA 6-15P.

Any help or ideas are much appreciated. Thanks.

I believe that Insteon discontinued the 220V product.    What you can do although it's not a plug in solution is use a 2 pole 20 or 30 amp contractor with a 120v could such as this one. with a Insteon ON/OFF switch (not a dimmer).   The Insteon switch controls controls the 120V coil, when that is turned off the contactor is essentially a relay that turns the pool pump on/off.

If you use a contactor, be sure to parallel the coil with a good 10,000+ joule MOV and/or a snuffer or the Insteon device may not last longer than one or two operations. The CEMF from the relay coil dropping out may easily exceed a 1000++ volts and Insteon devices don't like that.

Archived