Integrate with Control4

zg825

Sorry if this isn't the right channel, but I have been looking all over for answers (which tells me it most likely isn't possible). 

I am going to be installing Control4 to control my AV, security, cameras, and locks. I was hoping to integrate my lighting system (Insteon ISY) into it, but it appears that it won't work. It appears that there used to be a driver, but it was discontinued & it may not have worked as intended with the newer insteon keypads/ switches. 

Has anyone been able to successfully bring over their Insteon into Control4 or know a way to do this? My installer thought we could do a workaround through Vera, but when I tried to set up Vera with the USB PLM, it wouldn't recognize the keypads. I also could get the Vera and insteon device to talk one way. I could turn the light on/off from vera, but if i turned the actual light switch, then vera wouldn't recognize that button push. 

Before I give up on the idea to have it all integrated into one app, I wanted to make sure I try to cross off every method.

Appreciate any advice / wisdom others can give

I may have some ideas.

The best option would be to develop a Control4 driver to interface directly with the ISY.  I've always been interested in developing Control4 drivers.  I don't install Control4 currently but I've been interested in it.

Alternatively there is a Control4 driver for integrating external systems via TCP and HTTP commands.  There's another driver that can be used for sending HTTP and TCP commands.  Perhaps there's a driver that combines both.  I believe drivercentral has them available to your installer.  Using those drivers a crude setup could be done using the ISY network resources.  With some effort it would also be possible to develop a Polisy NodeServer for a tighter bi-directional interface between the ISY and Control4.

Archived