Stupid Question 2450

I used a 2450 to control my garage door and also send me notification if it is open.  I have been thinking about this, and can not recall the correct way to wire the sensor.

I use a Seco-Larm Enforcer sensor, but can not recall which connection the red and black wire go into on the 2450.  Thanks

You can connect the white wire (relay output common) to the GND terminal on the 2450.

The gray (Normally Closed) or black (Normally Open) should be connected to the sense (S) terminal.

The sense input will activate on the 2450 when the external connection is closed, so depending on how you have the Enforcer setup will determine whether you should use the normally open or closed wires.  Alternately you can reverse the logic of open vs closed in the ISY to send out notifications.

The data sheet for the Enforcer does not show a red wire and is consistent with the one I have.  Regardless, you will need to find the pair of wires that go between open (no/infinite resistance) and closed (< 1 ohm) when the sensor changes state and wire them to the GND and S inputs of the 2450. 

Archived