Nodeservers not retaining configuration settings/custom parameters

Scott Korvek

I have my polyglot running on Polisy..

Version 2.2.13 Status: Connected
Frontend Version: 2.2.9-5
ISY Version: 5.1.1
Uptime: 20 Hour(s) 45 Minute(s) 53 Second(s) 
(c) 2021 UDI
Running on Polisy

I installed a few new nodeservers to play with and also tried to delve into config of ones I had previously installed but not configured. I can add parameters, hit save configuration, then restart the relevant nodeserver.  I'd go to the log page, and nothing new would appear (not even shutdown/restart log messages). Clicking back to configuration, everything I just entered is there. If I go to the dashboard, then click on details to refresh the nodeserver page, the log would have refreshed (showing the data I wasn't seeing before doing that) and update, but when I reload the configuration tab, all my parameters are gone. At first I thought it was a problem with a particular nodeserver, but I can reproduce it with any nodeserver. Now nodeservers I didn't touch still have their config info.  I think the config tab isn't saving writing the values.  I have no idea where to go looking for them via SSH either.

I did try a polisy update earlier just to see if there's anything new. I restarted polyglot. I shutdown polisy and power cycled it too. No effect.

BTW: The uptime above is not correct- should only be a few minutes. By the time I got done writing this post- it's now saying uptime is 27 minutes (which is correct).

Update/solved.  

Used the commandline to update instead of the UI. Reported 4 updates (even though I just did this via the UI a few hours previously) and rebooted. Restarted services and data is being saved properly, logs updating in real-time on the UI without reloading. 

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
    isy: 5.1.1_5 -> 5.1.1_7 [udi]
    tcl86: 8.6.11_2 -> 8.6.12 [udi]
    tk86: 8.6.11_2 -> 8.6.12 [udi]
    udx: 2.5.1_2 -> 2.5.1_3 [udi]

Number of packages to be upgraded: 4

Archived