After Polisy - Insteon Signals Are Bad

karldrahovsky

Hello,

Since my last serial modem, PLM, went bad.  I jumped to the POLISY to use the USB PLM.  Well over this month, communication is very poor.  Not sure what it is.  I have tried to filter my house with the old filters for refridges and other motor-type aparatus.  The outlets I am trying to control are literally 8 feet away from the circuit panel, with my USB PLM from the Polisy, another 8 feet.  I just don't know what to do about the spriratic Insteon communications.

What amps or other filters are out there - they seem very limited.  Or is the Polisy not the best way to generate insteon communication?

Karl

If your previous PLM was plugged into the same outlet as the USB PLM then you shouldn't really notice any difference between the two assuming nothing else has changed on your electrical circuits.

Another option is to take the RS232 board (i.e. the daughter board) out of your Old PLM and install it in the USB PLM and then continue to use the ISY994.

The Polisy is still in the development stage, not sure if that would have any effect on your issue.

Archived