Polisy PLM , will it work with serial, usb or both types

EricBarish

1 hour ago, EricBarish said:

Looks like Polisy is moving along nicely in its testing phase.  I have two 2413s PLM's (main and backup)  I want to make sure they will work with my Polisy in the future.  If I need a USB version I will need to purchase while still available at Smarthome.

2413s works with Polisy.  It uses the cable that came in the box with the 2413s instead of the current cable you're using with the 994.

2413u also works with Polisy.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Brian H said:

The adapter cable shipped with a 2412S and 2413S PLM.

RJ45 to DB9S.

RJ45-1 to DB9S-2, RJ45-7 to DB9S-5 and RJ45-8 to DB9S-3. That would be the signals originating on the PLM.

bookmarked... I don't need the info myself but I'm certain this will be a popular question over the next year or so.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JoelW said:

What will we do when PLM's are no longer available?

Repair your old ones, or Ebay, or something like that.  I have two spares, so I am hoping that will last me long enough, but for many devices I am moving to zwave and may try lutron in the future.

1 hour ago, JoelW said:

What do the antennas on Polisy PRO do?

I believe those to be wifi antennas.

1 hour ago, JoelW said:

Do ZWave or Zigbee devices work with Polisy without a PLM?

Technically, I do not believe that "Polisy" works with zwave or zigbee (or Insteon PLM).  All work, however, with the ISY-994.  Of course, you can now run the ISY software on the Polisy box, so perhaps that is what you ask.  Z-wave will run on ISY-994 without a PLM.  I believe the same to be true with zigbee, though I am uncertain whether there is zigbee support on a Polisy-hosted ISY-994 or whether this is limited to the dedicated ISY-994 hardware.  I don't believe that zigbee and z-wave can be used simultaneously.  I also understand that support for zigbee devices to be relatively limited.

@JoelW

One correction to the above. Polisy / Polisy pro both support Z-wave natively with an additional Z-Wave dongle plugged into one of the USB ports on the back. Currently supported Z-Wave dongle is the Zooz S2 stick 700.

Zigbee is NOT supported natively, but there is the Hubitat Node Server (NS) in the Polyglot 2 (PG2) store, which I imagine will be ported to Polyglot 3 (PG3) at some point in the future. This NS offers some Zigbee support.

A PLM (USB or Serial) is only required for powerline communications with Insteon devices.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, MrBill said:

bookmarked... I don't need the info myself but I'm certain this will be a popular question over the next year or so.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:50 AM, Brian H said:

The adapter cable shipped with a 2412S and 2413S PLM.

RJ45 to DB9S.

RJ45-1 to DB9S-2, RJ45-7 to DB9S-5 and RJ45-8 to DB9S-3. That would be the signals originating on the PLM.

So. I set up a cable adapter as indicated. I plugged the old RJ45 cable connected to the PLM into the adapter and into the Polisy... I still get the error on the admin console of the Polisy...

Now what?

image.png.d7168c6fa8c2289fa626bc5275f1017b.png

Archived