Help with ssh login to polisy from an imac

stevehoyt

I would like to install PG3 on my polisy. I have seen the post on how to do this, but can't seem to login via ssh anymore. I am using the terminal window. I did it one time successfully. When I try now, I see the prompt from the policy followed by an icon that looks like a key. If I enter the password it rejects it. After 3 times I get permission denied message. See the login session below. I have looked in my apple keychain and see a polisy certificate. I tried deleting it but it made no difference except I could not login to my polisy via Safari. I know nothing about certificates etc so am at a loss as what to do. Can someone on a MAC suggest what to do next. All polisy updates are installed. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.23.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 9.15.07 AM.png

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 11:41 AM, bpwwer said:

When you do the ssh from the mac, try

ssh -l admin 10.0.1.164

That's an ell, not one. Without the '-l admin' it's trying to log you in with a steve1 account which doesn't exist on the Polisy.

@bpwwerI'm attempting to log into a polisy with a mac and I'm getting this error.

SSH protocol v.1 is no longer supported

This is what I'm entering in the command line.

ssh -1 admin 192.168.1.1.21

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, wendi72 said:

@bpwwerI'm attempting to log into a polisy with a mac and I'm getting this error.

SSH protocol v.1 is no longer supported

This is what I'm entering in the command line.

ssh -1 admin 192.168.1.1.21

Thank you!

he's trying to tell you to use the letter lowercase L, not a 1....

ssh -l admin 192.168.1.1.21

I've successfully made the ssh connection. Now when attempting to run sudo pkg upgrade or sudo pkg install pg3 I get this message "process with pid 23274 still holds the lock"and pg3 is not installing. What's causing me to get this message?

Thank you!

Archived